Twang! Just bust a string!

tombo1230

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:17 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Welcome Back Tom

Good to hear sugery went well and you are on the mend!

:)
It was a quick visit to hospital, glad it's over. Seems it all went well. They gave me a nerve block before the op. Where they look on a scope and jag around three nerves at an artery in the neck and one nerve in the bicep. I found that fascinating, as the anaesthesiologist was showing this new kit working to some (6) other colleagues. I was seeing it as it happened. My arm only came round today, at lunch time.

Good news Tom! Now just leave the guitar alone for a week or more... practice your harmonica or something... no cheating!
Ok dad :laugh: I will..............................if you will :) :laugh: :laugh:

Chasplaya

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Great news Tom, I guess its a patience game now for a little while, best not to rush these things.

tombo1230

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Great news Tom, I guess its a patience game now for a little while, best not to rush these things.
Yes Chas, I have lots of patience and I'm in good shape right now. Phase 1 over, op out of the way. Phase 2 start to repair. Looking forward to the enforced break. (from work)

Cheers,

Tom.

BobR

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:45 pm

Tom,

Glad to hear things went well for you.

Bob

tombo1230

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:57 pm

BobR wrote:
Tom,

Glad to hear things went well for you.

Bob

Thanks Bob, I couldn't have had better care to be honest. Alls well. :)

Tom N.

AndyT

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:55 pm

When I was talking with the Boss about your injury, I got the distinct feeling you're going to heal quite nicely as long as you keep it gentle.

willem

Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:33 pm

Glad it is over(the op) and start the recovery,,,don't look to your guitar or let Claire play it if you want to hear your new Taylor,,i think they gave you good advice how to do..

I pushed Scott a bit,,well i remind him but don't know if you can do some light computer work,,we'll see..

the best Tom..

Willem

tombo1230

Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:47 pm

AndyT wrote:
When I was talking with the Boss about your injury, I got the distinct feeling you're going to heal quite nicely as long as you keep it gentle.
Andy, no arguments here mate, One step at a time.

Thanks for the communication with the Big Yin! :)

Appreciated.

Tom N.

tombo1230

Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:57 pm

willem wrote:
Glad it is over(the op) and start the recovery,,,don't look to your guitar or let Claire play it if you want to hear your new Taylor,,i think they gave you good advice how to do..

I pushed Scott a bit,,well i remind him but don't know if you can do some light computer work,,we'll see..

the best Tom..

Willem
Hi Willem, I can utilise my left arm for computer work, just a wee bit slower. The guitar won't come out until this has knitted nicely in a few weeks time and this fixed cast is off.

I can still edit the Christmas Jingle Bells video, so hope you are still practicing. :) Oh and I have already put together the special part of the video I previously mentioned, can't say too much. ;)

Tom N.

willem

Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:13 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
willem wrote:

the best Tom..

Willem
Hi Willem, I can utilise my left arm for computer work, just a wee bit slower. The guitar won't come out until this has knitted nicely in a few weeks time and this fixed cast is off.

I can still edit the Christmas Jingle Bells video, so hope you are still practicing. :) Oh and I have already put together the special part of the video I previously mentioned, can't say too much. ;)

Tom N.
Thats great to hear,,oh i stopped practising,,i think its all there and hope you can do something with it...ooooooh aaaaand i am very curiuos what you up to....but have patiens

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic