Official Guitar Pro Forum

Chasplaya

Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:00 pm

Its not readily noticeable on the Arobas site, strange cos it has a lot of answers. Find it here:

http://getsatisfaction.guitar-pro.com/a ... sic/topics

Music Junkie

Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:05 pm

Hey Chas. Got your PM, thanks for the info. Looking forward to the tweaks myself. The more I get into this program, the more I like it, but also, the more I want it to do...... B)

At least they are pretty good about listening to their users.

Thanks again,

MJ

thereshopeyet

Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:05 am

Thanks

Music Junkie

Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:37 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
The GP forum is great.
They are helpful and do listen.

The tutorial videos are great too.
It's been a while since I looked at GP6
The last time I did find it time consuming but next time I think
a few of the videos will help me on my way.

:)
I found it quite time consuming at first, and still do for some things. I am sure that I do some of the things the hard way though..... :)

Their users manual is bare bones to be kind, but the forum seems to be a great source for figuring out the little time savers. I like to make simple chord charts for most strumming songs, but when there are little riffs, runs, slides, or syncopated type stuff I like to work up a score in GP. Makes it nice and neat. I am moving along in it much better these days, but still have a lot to learn.

MJ

thereshopeyet

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:15 pm

Thanks

willem

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi DDermot,,how is that app called?

Chasplaya

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:42 pm

I've used Midi import a few times it easier with ver 6 but you still need to really know you're way around GPro, The quality of the Midi also has a lot of bearing on the end result. Some midi sites are not that flash. I guess if you can create you own midi that may help. I haven't used this function much of late as it can be time consuming and it is also dependent on your music knowledge, mine is not brilliant hence it takes me a lot of trial and error to get things right

Music Junkie

Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Dermot:

I had seen something similar before, but it looks very cumbersome. Like Chas mentions, the MIDI would have to be be pretty good. Also, it would be nice if you could pre-enter the tempo and if GP could decipher the note lengths. I know, I know..... I ask a lot...... ;)

I love the idea though! I am not all that savvy with MIDI at this point either, so I would not know how to get a song I wanted to transcribe into MIDI format in order to import it. I am sure there are programs out there that will convert MP3's and WAV's to MIDI. There are shareware programs and apps out there for just about anything you can think of. We should get together and create an app that you could use to import an MP3 and export a GP TAB! Now that would be a gold mine!

Have you messed with the MIDI stuff yet? If so, how did you find it to be? What was the name of the app on the Iphone?

Thanks!

MJ

thereshopeyet

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:13 pm

Thanks

Music Junkie

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:34 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hi MJ

I haven't done anything with MIDI yet.
I only brought it up because I had seen it used as a means to input music information into GP6.

The main problem with MIDI is that it's not an audio file but rather a data file containing information about music which is then applied to a MIDI device, the device translates the information into music.

Although I said problem.... I don't think that's totally accurate..... if the MIDI files is good and used good synthesisers etc sound reproduction is great.

It would be interesting if anyone else has experience of using MIDI files and devices.

Cheers

Dermot

:)
LOL..... :laugh:

I have heard both ends of the MIDI spectrum. Some are very good and some are just plain awful. The fact that you can input it into GP via a MIDI source is pretty cool no matter how you look at it. I know there are some sources for MIDI files on the net if one is diligent enough and looks around. Heck if you are diligent enough, you can find ANYTHING on the net.....some things should remain "unfindable" though.... :woohoo:

I would be curious if anyone else has had much experience. I know Chas said he gave it a go with some success. But like you mentioned above it still takes some working knowledge of the program to make the TAB useable. I am sure that kind of stuff will only get better as time goes by. Well, until the sound police chime in and try to take that away too..... ;)

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic