What are you listening to? What is inspiring you?

lueders

Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Max, I really like My Morning Jacket & Mumford a lot.

michelew

Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:06 am

Thanks for the responses everyone it's interesting to see where your focus is.

Cori - I LOVE the superman song. You've GOT to record that. :). You're up to some cool stuff as always.

Nessa - piano stuff - cool - I might just need to tune into TK once you've recorded something just to see what's possible. Well at some stage I'd love to play the piano. I figure I've got enough instruments in my little music cave for the moment. Hmmm...I guess I could always mount my stringed babies on the wall and rob a bank. :). That would create more space and time. I'm sure I'll be wanting to tickle the ivories even more once I've seen your posts. BJ is cool.

Andy - good for you. Have fun.

Willem - nice. "Return to Sender" always reminds me of learning to jive (or trying to) with my best friend Michael in early high school. He was a ballroom dancer and found it very frustrating that I wasn't following like the other girls. Good thing I can lead these days. :) My jiving. Well it still needs work.

Scott - geese everyone is piano crazy :). I can't say I blame you. Fabulous instrument. I LOVE the sound and watching and listening to people play it.

Max - cool - guilty pleasures. Haha. We at least they aren't bad for your health. :)

Ta

M.

sws626

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:38 am

I've benn consolidating older stuff rather than learning a lot of new material. I got this idea in my head that I would try to busk in London sometime this year, so have been putting together a play list of songs that I can sing and that are simple enough to play that I won't screw them up when I get nervous.

-Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic