Calling all iPad junkies: Poll and recommendations for e-sheet music library storage applications?

Music Junkie

Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:03 pm

jimcjimc wrote:
I haven't used it personally, but on another forum, people have recommended an Ipad app called OnSong.
Just took a peek at this and it seems to be fairly cool for chord charts. May have to give it a try..... Think it was $4.99US

MJ

RicksPick

Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi Michelle

Im test driving an ipad this weekend so how timely is that
been playing for the last hour but unable to get any lesson to play without constant buffering while on wifi ,Edit user error as its ok now
So not looking favorable
Hoping to try any apps you may uncover so good luck

RicksPick

tombo1230

Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:21 pm

willem wrote:
I bought me a simple android tablet ''Yarvik'' ,,and I could'nt download apps from the andriod market ,damn,, I could download apps on a other place but was not satisfying at all,,

I search for apps to store music tab etc but could'nt find it yet,,,now my wife play's ''angry bird'' on it..

Not so grey,,,

Willem
Just for info'........I've ordered the new version of this Willem, the thin 10'' version and they say the download apps will work with this version Model 450. The reason some don't work is because there are phone versions mixed into the list and there is no way to tell the difference or if they are compatable, obviously a lot are not. This is changing for the new versions according to their web info'. It will be apparent if it should work or not.

Tom N.

michelew

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:35 pm

Ahhh that's better. I was beginning to think that this would be my worst thread to date in terms of usefulness.

I'm biased, but at this point in time I think that other tablets are pale imitations of the iPad. I'm an Apple junkie so take that as you may.

Jim - OnSong. Thanks I actually have it. I've found it's OK but more of a shop portal. I do need ot explore it more.

Hydro - thanks - I already had Tabs (which is essentially a slick version of Ultimate Guitar), it's very cool. At $2 I figured that Guitar Tapp was worth having too. It looks pretty similar.

Well I've now got ForScore and I'm giving it a burl. I'll let you know what I discover. From what I've read and seen so far it looks pretty useful.

Thanks all

M.

I might start another thread soon, if anyone is interested, about the music applications I use most often. It would be good to compar notes with the few of you that have iPads and some of you that don't might also find it intteresting.

tombo1230

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:53 pm

michelew wrote:

I'm biased, but at this point in time I think that other tablets are pale imitations of the iPad. I'm an Apple junkie so take that as you may.
Can you qualify that? There may be more or even better apps for Ipad, not sure, but Ipad refuse to use flash because it's windows based thus limiting their online viewing capabilities. Ipad don't use usb ports Androids do. There's two things an Android does better off the top of my head.
Ipads are overpriced for what you get.

Tom N.

michelew

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:11 am

tombo1230 wrote:
michelew wrote:

Can you qualify that? There may be more or even better apps for Ipad, not sure, but Ipad refuse to use flash because it's windows based thus limiting their online viewing capabilities. Ipad don't use usb ports Androids do. There's two things an Android does better off the top of my head.

Tom N.
My bad! No I certainly am not qualified to quantify it, it is simply my opinion based in my fantastic experience with the iPad and granted limited experience with other tablets. I really do not find that the lack of flash is an issue. Few sites that I visit use it. But, if you need flash it is a limitation. I haven't found ports to be an issue. I certainly don't feel I've been ripped off price-wise as my iPad is my second brain and an additional limb.

But, to each their own.

Tom please take my ataement as enthusiasm rather than a criticism of anyone who prefers to use a different tablet.

As I said initially, I've been converted and I do love Apple products. I find them intuitive, easy to use and extremely functional, any very stylist. But, hey, that's me.

M.

tombo1230

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:50 am

michelew wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
michelew wrote:

Tom N.
My bad! No I certainly am not qualified to quantify it, it is simply my opinion based in my fantastic experience with the iPad and granted limited experience with other tablets. I really do not find that the lack of flash is an issue. Few sites that I visit use it. But, if you need flash it is a limitation. I haven't found ports to be an issue. I certainly don't feel I've been ripped off price-wise as my iPad is my second brain and an additional limb.

But, to each their own.

Tom please take my ataement as enthusiasm rather than a criticism of anyone who prefers to use a different tablet.

As I said initially, I've been converted and I do love Apple products. I find them intuitive, easy to use and extremely functional, any very stylist. But, hey, that's me.

M.
Hi Michelle,
just wondered what your thinking was on the subject. Had a discussion at work about the same thing yesterday. :)

There was a definite split depending on what type of job people did. Basically techies have Androids, non techies have Ipads is how somone summed it up. Interesting.

Tom N.

willem

Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:58 am

tombo1230 wrote:
willem wrote:
I bought me a simple android tablet ''Yarvik'' ,,and I could'nt download apps from the andriod market ,damn,, I could download apps on a other place but was not satisfying at all,,

I search for apps to store music tab etc but could'nt find it yet,,,now my wife play's ''angry bird'' on it..

Not so grey,,,

Willem
Just for info'........I've ordered the new version of this Willem, the thin 10'' version and they say the download apps will work with this version Model 450. The reason some don't work is because there are phone versions mixed into the list and there is no way to tell the difference or if they are compatable, obviously a lot are not. This is changing for the new versions according to their web info'. It will be apparent if it should work or not.

Tom N.

Thanks Tom,,oh yeah,when try to install there was many times that I get a message'''this aint a mobile'' etc
What I find by all this new products is that have to discover it all by you own,,what you get or not get you have to find out later,,I was happy the sales man told me it had flash..the type of an early'r version as'nt have flash...I can follow TG lesson on it while sitting comfort in the living room..

dsmarion

Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:32 am

tombo1230 wrote:
... but Ipad refuse to use flash because it's windows based thus limiting their online viewing capabilities.
Tom N.
Just a minor correction, not adding to any apple verses windows thing which interests me not in the least...

Flash is not windows-based. Adobe is on mac platform and makes cross-platform software. Apple's problem with Flash is the security (or lack thereof) and they are on the HTML5 push to do everything (which I believe will be the standard very soon - we'll see).

Scott

michelew

Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:52 am

Tom - I'm not sure what you mean by techie, I'm not using it for spreadsheets and number crunching or anything like that. However, numbers is not bad.

The iPad definitely does the things I need it to with much greater mobility, including cafes. The few things it doesn't do I use my Mac for.

So I can't really answer y question. But, you may well be right.

Scott - that's my understanding too.

To

M.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic