Electric Guitar Advice

cavi

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:27 pm

I own over 10 electrics and half of them are guitars I personally built. You are looking for an entry level electric which is fine. Do not believe that the guitar makes no difference on the sound, It does. The big difference is between the fender style guitars and the strats, the strats have a longer string length, which leads to a longer neck, and the gibson guitars use a shorter scale. This does change the sound of the guitar and the feel when playing. With the Gibson style you can get away with a thicker string than a strat because of the shorter scale. By using a thicker string the sound will be better. If you sue the same string diamiter on a strat and a les Paul, the Les Paul will feel like it requires less pressure to play.
The type of wood also does make some difference and the electrics make a major difference.
All that bieng said, go try a real Fender strat , a Tele, and a Gibson Les Paul and a SG. If you like the strats, Fender has their Squier line that is relativly inexpensive and decent and you can alway have the electrics upgraded latter. If you like the Gibson line, Epiphone is their lower cost line. In that line there is also a Epiphone special line, the les paul special is junk, but i do own a SG special from epiphone, which wa about 200 new and it is one of my favorite guitars, it has a wonderful neck, decent electrics, very light and great to play.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic