guitar pro for android

willem

Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:58 am

willem wrote:
willem wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
willem wrote:

Does this help? It gives you the spec needed.

https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... YXJwcm8iXQ..

Tom N.
Thank you Tom,,i check it out,,don't know anything a baut which andriod version I have..
Yes,I must upgrade my phone,,Its working now,,now I have to figure out how to get my files in,,not easy but I let you know
The only way I could manage to get a Gpro file up from my computer to my phone was with an email and attachment,,what a long way,,I think there must be an ease'r way,,I also tryed it with synchronisation but the program said that the phone could'nt play it...hope to get some help here if someone have it too..

Catman

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:58 am

So far, not impressed (and I wanted to be) :(

I am working on Windy and Warm, which is a two voice Travis-picking score. I spent a lot of time making sure that in the standard notation all the note stems on the bass line point down and all the note stems on the melody line point up. But the Android player uses the default stem direction, which makes it very hard to read the score. The same goes for the IOS (iPad) version

The steel (acoustic) guitar sound is horrible, especially when playing bends. I have used plenty of apps that have decent sounding acoustic guitar voices, so it is not impossible do do it.

Slides sound bad (but they also sound bad on the full PC version)

You can't browse for a file on the device. I used DropBox to transfer the .gpx file from my PC to my phone, and activated GPro by pressing the file which activates the app using the file as input (like a double left click in Windows). This is a bit clumsy, maybe just a bit less than emailing an attachment.

-David

willem

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:01 pm

Catman wrote:
So far, not impressed (and I wanted to be) :(

I am working on Windy and Warm, which is a two voice Travis-picking score. I spent a lot of time making sure that in the standard notation all the note stems on the bass line point down and all the note stems on the melody line point up. But the Android player uses the default stem direction, which makes it very hard to read the score. The same goes for the IOS (iPad) version

The steel (acoustic) guitar sound is horrible, especially when playing bends. I have used plenty of apps that have decent sounding acoustic guitar voices, so it is not impossible do do it.

Slides sound bad (but they also sound bad on the full PC version)

You can't browse for a file on the device. I used DropBox to transfer the .gpx file from my PC to my phone, and activated GPro by pressing the file which activates the app using the file as input (like a double left click in Windows). This is a bit clumsy, maybe just a bit less than emailing an attachment.

-David

When connected to my computer I open the phone(G drive) with windows exploration and drag the file into ''my data'' then you find it back under downloads and by pressing it the file opens in Gpro player..

Impressed?? IT looks as a handy tool to carry with you and can remind you on all kinds of playing(your leads,bass,vocal,pickins etc),,it sounds better then any other tab player..

Chasplaya

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Very cool long overdue. Will wait for tablet version though

johnernestadam

Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:51 pm

I have a Samsung Infuse and will give this a try.

It is running android v2.2 and I am about to upgrade to v2.3.

Will post my results.

I have been using Guitar Pro since version 3.

jimbo58

Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:21 am

Chas
you are right it is only for the android phones and I guess we will have to wait for the androd pad version, I put the version on my pad but its not easy to transfer files, I will continue with convertng the GP files to PDF and load the onto a folder which gives me a data base of charts. But thats all it is , a list of charts and I can't play them like on guitar pro. I wonder if we all sent Arabas Music an email requestig a android pad version would it help?

Jim

johnernestadam

Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:37 am

Well, that was pretty easy.

To get the application, I went to the Android Market place from my phone
Then I searched for 'Arobas' (Searching for "Guitar Pro" did not work?)
Then it was as easy as paying the $6.
The ap does not have access to the online My Songbook (library of scores) site yet.
Luckily you can just copy your files over to your phone and launch them from My Files.

I choose to turn off the fretboard and standard notation so that only the tablaure is showing.
With a metronome count down, it looks like I could reasonably practice a song by turning the phone sideways.

It helps that the screen on the Samsung Infuse is quite large.

Attached please find my version of the Moody Blues Knights in White Satin if you want to try it out.

tombo1230

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:37 am

jimbo58 wrote:
Chas
you are right it is only for the android phones and I guess we will have to wait for the androd pad version, I put the version on my pad but its not easy to transfer files, I will continue with convertng the GP files to PDF and load the onto a folder which gives me a data base of charts. But thats all it is , a list of charts and I can't play them like on guitar pro. I wonder if we all sent Arabas Music an email requestig a android pad version would it help?

Jim
Apparently as I mentioned on an earlier part of this thread, Arobas are going to release an optomized screen version for Android Tablets soon. I can't wait.

Tom N.

tombo1230

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:49 am

tombo1230 wrote:
jimbo58 wrote:
Chas

Jim
Apparently as I mentioned on an earlier part of this thread, Arobas are going to release an optomized screen version for Android Tablets soon. I can't wait.

Tom N.
http://www.androidzoom.com/android_them ... byqom.html

Looks like the optomized fot tablets version is out now. I'm definately buying this later today

:)

Tom N.

cosmicmechanic

Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:15 am

I just gave a quick test run on the BlackBerry Playbook version of Guitar Pro ... I'm impressed !

To now be able to do so much with a tool this size makes me feel like I'm in a scene from Star Trek :blink:

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic