Off to see Leon Redbone later this evening...Yay!!!

lueders

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Hey everybody!

I I thought I would share some of my guitar-related excitement!!...Krista & I are heading over to Bloomington, Illinois to catch a Leon Redbone show!! He's one of
my all-time favorites!! I am super-psyched! Bummer, that I'll miss the the Tommy. E. clinic that Daryl gave us the heads up on...it's a tough call...but I already paid for the
tickets. So I guess I'll go with Leon over Tommy. (sorry Continent of Australia)

P.S. Cant Wait to get home & check out these new posts from Kevin, & Jason!!

dekotaj

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:01 pm

WOW 3 1/2 hr drive to see the redbone.Should be a goog show.

Have fun you two!!

Kev

Music Junkie

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Have fun Cori! I had a chance to go see Tommy Emmanuel last night in Malibu (Pepperdine University), but my oldest son had basketball and we are enjoying the heck out of it this year. Tommy has played at Pepperdine the last couple of years and I understand that it is quite a nice show and a good venue. Will have to make it one of these times. You and Krista have a great time tonight!

MJ

lueders

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:43 pm

Hey Thanks FELLAS!! AND GREAT POSTS!!! :) :)

patg

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:23 pm

damn you're lucky - I saw him a couple of years ago with dan hicks - leon was awesome - inspiring........enjoy :laugh:

dekotaj

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:57 pm

Just read in the paper that Redbone is playing in two day right across the river here.Red stone room, here I come..

lueders

Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:35 pm

patg wrote:
damn you're lucky - I saw him a couple of years ago with dan hicks - leon was awesome - inspiring........enjoy :laugh:

Hi there patg! :)

Wow, Leon Redbone & Dan Hicks...wow, that would of been great. But I gotta say, (personality-wise at least) those guys are polar opposites! I just got back from the show...It was great!! :) :) :) :laugh: he played with a mind-blowing virtuoso jazz pianist named Paul Asaro.

Hey Kev,

That's great man!!! :) :) If you get a chance to see him I don't think you'll regret it. His act is unlike anything I've ever seen
before...part vaudeville, & part musical history lesson...but all completely cool!

Have A Great Time, Kevin!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic