A &$^#@*$%$@%$#^%^!!^&# poll

lueders

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:58 am

dekotaj wrote:
Gentleman.

If you chose not to believe in religion.OK with me.You answer for your bad deed when you stand before him.But for not wanting to pick a bone here.Your pushing it!!!

Kev
Kevin, I like you more all the time...

Cori :) :)

tgjameela

Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:58 am

Thanks Kev', I was biting my tongue.....I can see why people have decided to step back from the forum from time to time....so indeed, please stop pushing....I love to be here, but not when we start bashing on religion for instance.

And Shel was quite clear a few posts back, lets treat each other with respect. One can be insulting without swearing. The topic was about using the F-word in songs or to not use them and that's that.

Ness

dekotaj wrote:
Gentleman.

If you chose not to believe in religion.OK with me..But for not wanting to pick a bone here.Your pushing it!!!

Kev

dennisg

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:12 am

lueders wrote:
dekotaj wrote:
Gentleman.

If you chose not to believe in religion.OK with me.You answer for your bad deed when you stand before him.But for not wanting to pick a bone here.Your pushing it!!!

Kev
Kevin, I like you more all the time...

Cori :) :)
Kevin and Cori,

I respect both of you very, very much and I accept that religion means something profound to you. But while you two are giving each other high fives, remember that there are a lot of very good people who choose to not make religion a part of their lives. Characterizing these decisions as "bad deeds" is every bit as offensive to me as slamming religion is to Ness. I love you guys and I love Vanessa, even though our views on religion are about 180 degrees apart. So, given the "bad deeds" line you two are celebrating, do you now want me to believe that you think I'm a bad person because of my choices?

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:53 am

Folks, I'll take the rap for mentioning religion in this thread and apologise for derailing the thread thereby.
I did say I'd gladly discuss off forum and not on the forum but I did allude to the subject of religion and it seems difficult to differentiate between religion, belief, God and spirituality without causing problems, so, my bad.
We're all friends here with many different views on many different subjects...c an I suggest we go off forum on religion and swearing and let this good thread run its course with out this bit of contention, at least.

Shake on that?

dennisg

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Yes Den, I hear you and I think you're right. I quoted Kevin because I agreed on the 'not pushing it' and that's that. Not any of us is in a position to judge each other for the choices we make in life, so I hope you don't think I was, although I think you know me well enough by now to know that I wasn't. I've never ever expressed anything regarding my beliefs here on the forum and I never will either.

Yep Chris, let's definitely shake on that! ;)

Ness

dennisg

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:46 pm

Ness, you know enough about me to realize that I have no problem with who you are, what you stand for, what you were born into, or anything else about you. I DO have a problem with the arrogance of judgment that I read in the posts of some others.

Music Junkie

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Wow..... I went back and re-read all of the posts, because I could not find the offenses that were being eluded to. From what I have gathered over my time here, we have a forum full of pretty darn decent folks. Language does not change that in my mind. I am not easily offended to begin with, so if someone wants to spout bad words, or if someone wants to spout religion (both can be considered offensive depending on your point of view) it just does not bother me. I am pretty comfortable with myself and realize that it all has no bearing on me or my life. If I ever do get offended by anything, I CHOOSE not to repeat the experience and let it go at that. I agree with what Dennis said to an extent about the religion aspect, but, again, I am not one to be offended by it. When the religious folks come knocking on my door from time to time, I don't get angry with them, but rather just tell them thanks, but no thanks. I might also ask them a few questions that they can never seem to answer directly....

As far as cursing, I think the whole context notion is really where it is at. I think that cursing for pure hatred and anger such as in Rap is uncalled for, but that is my OPINION and I choose not to listen to it or let my kids be exposed to it. On the other hand, cursing for emphasis or emotion has its place as well. There are a few songs that I like that have this, and if I ever covered them, I would more than likely leave the cursing in them. I would do so out of personal preference and hope that everyone would understand. I would probably post a warning before my video as well, just in case and to give others the opportunity to make their choice.

Someone mentioned comedians earlier, and I thought that was a great example. Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor vs. Bill Cosby All three were huge in their heyday. I love all three of them and would not change a thing about them. For all of them, it is about the presentation and what they do works for each of them.... ;)

To me it all boils down to personal choice and one's option to listen/watch or not listen/watch..... Funny thing abut TV's and Radios......They have these funny little round thingies on them called dials.... You can turn them.... :silly: :silly:

dburns99

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:31 pm

still cracking up here LOL

dburns99

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Enlighten me, what's so funny?

dburns99 wrote:
still cracking up here LOL

dekotaj

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Dennis I will work on my typing.

And I to have nothing but respect for EVERYONE here!!

But what I said is.We (ALL) answer for our bad deeds(not just those whom choose to not believe) WE all stand before him.Accept it or not, works just fine for me.I could care less what folks take to heart.You believe in what ever make your world turn.Christ is my LORD.And I no this becaz of my wife Lisa.If there was not a GOD.No way in the world would this saint of a woman would have married a man like me,bare my children,And spent a life time with me.That's my proof.But this thread and this site is not about my GOD sir.Its about music.And as far as high five'n it.And I will not speak for Cori.But I find it hard to believe a man as smart as you would see it that way.So if some one(and darn good friend of mine on this site) says.I will not talk about God.Dose it anyway, then says PM me if you disagree.And then speak more on this matter.Then yes sir I will answer that call and pick up my sword and we can have at it.Believe what ever!And being a soul that I have a huge amount of respect for I will pray for your soul and all other.Like it our not!!!

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic