Guitar war stories

tovo

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:42 pm

I laughed at your early morning stumbles Shel. Nothing like stumbling around in the dark trying to be quiet, and the harder you try the louder you get. Been there. I guess the Larrivee is showing its fine Canadian construction, handling all that you throw at it and all that has been thrown at it previously. I was somewhat disturbed to hear of the neck crack, be sure to let me know how that pans out. If it becomes a real problem please let me help out in terms of the fix.

Alas I have no stories of damage. My Taylor is as pristine as the day I brought it home. If you recall I did notice a very small ding on the face and returned it just after purchase, but I have added no marks of my own to it,nor to any other of my instruments. BORING I am.

michelew

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm glad you laughed. It WAS ridiculous.

Tony don't worry mate. I'm very happy with the Larrivee. She was sold and purchased in good faith. And she hasn't let me down. I have a beautiful guitar for a steal. It's all good. :)

Shel

cosmicmechanic

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Shel, I'm só sorry for your guitar, but the way you told the story cracked me up BIG time :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , and I mean several times! You're such a funny woman and I can so visualize all that, my oh my, like a comedymovie!!! :laugh: :lol: :lol:

No guitarwar-stories myself, at least not that I can think of now.

Thanks for sharing it with us, really hope the Larrivée will be fine soon! :)

Ness

gavind1

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:46 am

Good one. Ever considering to replace it instead?

heyjoe

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:30 am

My yamaha acoustic has the odd ding in it, mainly when I've been hoovering and havent been careful.
However, the main battle is guitar v dog drool.
Our 18 month old Golden retriever is very very inquisitive, he loves sniffing things.
So after I've played the guitar and put it on its stand he always comes and has a sniff, meaning there are always sniff and drool
marks on the guitar, and they are awkward things to remove- oh yes, i forgot to mention dog hairs too.

The guitar is losing this battle, but Oscar is worth it.

Joe

AndyT

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:15 pm

This is enough to make a guitar player cry. LOL

When I got Gracie, she had ZERO defects on her. After the years we've been together, she now has a list of assorted marks, scars, and blemishes. I was extremely embarrased by them all until I saw Tommy E's axes sporting damage that would have put me in a murderous frenzy in the past.

My luthier calls them, 'lovespots and beauty marks'.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic