General Update

beaker

Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Scott, I hope your thumb heals ASAP so that you can play guitar again. Good on ya for quitting smoking! Beaker

tovo

Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Scott I just wanted to add my congratulations on kicking the smoking habit. Stay vigilant though mate. Just like an alcoholic, you are only ever 1 bad decision away from throwing away your hard work. Very pleased for you I am.

suziko

Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:07 pm

Congratulations, Scott, on giving up cigarettes. You have a lot to be proud of- that's not an easy thing to do, as anyone who has ever kicked the habit (or tried to kick it) can attest!

Good luck with the thumb injury. That type of chronic pain can be really discouraging. My thoughts are with you!

Suzi

Chasplaya

Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Good luck with the thumb injury mate follow rehab and you'll make good progress don't overdo the golf as that might interfere with guitar playing recovery lol. And well done on the quitting smoking, I've just started the NZ equivalent called Champix, they do say will power is also needed and a support group, I picked a bad time really as Jill is away for the next couple of crucial quit smoking weeks :S, so very little support around.

AndyT

Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:33 pm

It took me a year to quit smoking. I went from 3 packs of 'Reds' a day to nothing. And all that happened was my wife threatening divorce, the dog attacking me when I came home, the rest of the family in a panic when they saw me.... Nah... LOL I had a lot of trouble quitting but I was determined and finally made it with lots of help.

You've beaten a very tough opponent my friend. Congrats!

As for your thumb, maybe you could share a video of your playing. I've seen thumb positions that can cause that kind of injury.

millponddave

Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:57 pm

I,m thinking that as a reward for stopping smoking, perhaps a new guitar with the money you save. Just a thought.

Dave

BobR

Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Scott

Good for you! Toss those suckers in the can.

3,000 young people start per day in the U.S., so I'm told.

For years after I quit, I had nightmares that I was smoking again. Nightmares that I was hooked as badly as ever.

Waking up was never more welcome!

Sam

Lavallee

Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:27 am

Hi Scott , good to hear from you, too bad about the thumb, but I hear it is getting better (you don't want to cut down on golf :) ). Congrats for dropping the coffin's nails. As Tovo was saying , you must be careful. I quit 25 years ago and after a few glasses of wine, it still smells good. If you accept that it will be easier. In a short while you will noticed that you can smell smokers clothes from a distance and it will remind you of the smart decision you have taken. As for the alcoholics, one is too many, 40 is not enough, so stay away from the " just one, I know I can stop".

Marc

Chasplaya

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Hey Scott, good to read an update from you!

I was wondering about you and if the thumb was giving you a lot of pain (you mentioned it at TK), I'm sorry to hear that it has been such a pain indeed. I've been suffering from a cold the past couple of weeks, so singing isn't really possible, so imagining not being able to use my voice for much longer......pffffffff.....well I feel for you...Really hope that it'll pass asap.

Congrats on the quitting smoking, gosh that can be such a struggle. How good of you! :cheer:

Take care Scott and thanks for the update! :)

Ness

michelew

Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:24 pm

Scott good news in your progress report. Champion effort with quitting smoking; besides having more money, more time and sweeter smelling clothes, I imagine there are more kisses in your life. That's got to be a good reason to keep off them. ;)

BTW - we've saved a couple of spaces for you in the 3/4 chord song thread, so when that thumb is ready for some recording action you'll be all set to hit the ground running. :)

I hope the thumb continues to heal nicely and the pain subsides too.

All the best.

M.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic