Constant companion or daily fling?

tovo

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:15 pm

Do you pick your guitar up often during the day and play for a few minutes at a time, or is it one long session each day and then back in the case?

dennisg

Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Both. I keep my good guitar in the case and take it out once a day for a long session. I keep my GS Mini on the stand and grab it a few times a day.

daryl

Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:01 pm

I guess I do a constant daily fling.

BobR

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:17 pm

Most days, Once I pick it up it's a long time before I put it away.

cosmicmechanic

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:35 pm

On days off, it's any number of times briefly, and at least once for a longer period. Er, oh ... sorry, this should be about guitar, right?
Ditto for guitar then.

On workdays, I kick myself outa bed in order to have at least an hour to play ... 2 hours means an especially good day ahead.
Conversely, if I don't manage to do any of that, some days it just don't pay to ...

tovo

Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:03 pm

cosmicmechanic wrote:
On workdays, I kick myself outa bed in order to have at least an hour to play ... 2 hours means an especially good day ahead.
Conversely, if I don't manage to do any of that, some days it just don't pay to ...
I'm hearing that Pierre.

thedancer

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:47 am

Hi Tovo

I don’t often respond to the forum posts. The reason is, I am so busy playing and practicing my guitar. To answer your question. I get up at 5.45am Shower and have a cup of tea, a very civilised start to my day. Then I pick up my guitar and do 2 hours practice . I have to admit that since I started my private guitar lessons in February I am now very regimented in what I am practicing . In the evening after eating I will pick up my guitar and play / learn, and I will normally do this for 2 or 3 hours. Unless I am going out to dance for the evening .

Dancer

willem

Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:36 am

I am still married..

Chasplaya

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:07 am

tovo wrote:
Do you pick your guitar up often during the day and play for a few minutes at a time, or is it one long session each day and then back in the case?
At present its neither, and I can't explain why I have gone off the 'boil', it pretty random these days, I currently work weird hours as my Boss has no clues about rostering I finish late start early kinda thing regularly, stuffs up the circadian rhythms or something like that. I just am unable to fit a routine around the random hours I am working its very frustrating. I haven't even managed to set up my guitar room properly yet!!!

neverfoundthetime

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:04 am

I'll pick the guitar up at any old time, either to work on a song, learn something new, play along with something on the CD or just to relax and lift my mood or to wallow in a melancholic feeling. That can happen many times a day or not for days on end.
My guitar used to travel with me everywhere, nowadays just when staying overnight or on holiday.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic