Rattling/Vibrating noise from my new guitar

quadcrazy

Thu May 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Hello guys, I just bought a new Breedlove Passport series acoustic guitar (Passport PLUS C250/SBe to be exact). I have a long musical background but this is my first guitar, I just started picking it up about a month ago. I tried out the guitar at the store but didn't notice the problem until I got it home. Sometimes when playing a rattling sound will come from the strings. I've heard this will happen when playing too hard but it happens while playing even pretty softly. One thing I did notice is that it only happens when I'm fretting the strings, and only when I'm using the lower frets (particularly about frets 1-4/5). It doesn't happen with every string, it seems to happen with strings 4 and 6 mainly.

Any help with this problem will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel MacLeod

dennisg

Thu May 03, 2012 3:04 pm

Daniel,

It sounds like you're talking about buzzing strings, which is a very common occurrence with guitars that are subjected to changes in humidity. Take the guitar back to the shop where you bought it, politely show them the problem, and they should be able to fix it on the spot.

Oh, and welcome to TG.

- dennis

MarkM

Thu May 03, 2012 3:30 pm

Daniel,

I concur with Dennis. They should be able to fix this with a simple set up at the shop. Good luck and welcome to TG.

MarkM

Hydroman52

Thu May 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Daniel,

I agree with Dennis and Mark. It's best to take it back to the place you bought it to have it fixed. In the meantime, here is something that may help you understand what may be causing the noise.

http://www.frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier ... intro.html

Good luck with solving the problem.

Hydroman52

thereshopeyet

Fri May 04, 2012 9:43 am

Thanks

quadcrazy

Fri May 04, 2012 9:47 am

Thank you guys, I'll be taking it back Monday. I appreciate the responses.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic