Very cool marriage proposal

tovo

Wed May 30, 2012 1:53 pm

dtaylor wrote:
I give it 3 months, thoroughly puke-making.
Serious or tongue in cheek...not sure which...but I laughed out loud anyway so thanks!

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 30, 2012 3:29 pm

tovo wrote:
dtaylor wrote:
I give it 3 months, thoroughly puke-making.
Serious or tongue in cheek...not sure which...but I laughed out loud anyway so thanks!
Yeah I laughed out loud too. Dean you old cynic :laugh:

That was pure joy... and we're not used to seeing it but we have seen 1000s of hours of death and mayhem in war and murder films... that's fake this is real.

dtaylor

Wed May 30, 2012 3:43 pm

I wish I could feel anything but cynicism, but the overwhelming feeling on seeing these videos is 'you'll go viral and get 2 mintes on Fox News, but you're not interested in a marriage, just your hit count.'

suziko

Wed May 30, 2012 4:17 pm

I guess I reckon their marriage has as much of a chance of succeeding as anyone's. A proposal doesn't really reflect on how "real" a couple's love or commitment is, of course. And getting engaged is the easy part! Still, I thought it was pretty cool, but I admit I'm a total sucker for choreographed group dances. I've got Fame in my blood :)

Suzi

tovo

Wed May 30, 2012 4:22 pm

suziko wrote:
I guess I reckon their marriage has as much of a chance of succeeding as anyone's. A proposal doesn't really reflect on how "real" a couple's love or commitment is, of course. And getting engaged is the easy part! Still, I thought it was pretty cool, but I admit I'm a total sucker for choreographed group dances. I've got Fame in my blood :)

Suzi
Fame in the blood! Like it.

coclimber

Thu May 31, 2012 1:14 pm

This reminds me of the movie trailer proposal that went viral-ish a couple years ago. I admit to being a sucker for this stuff ... judging by most of the reactions on this thread, I'm in good company here. I alway get a bit welled up when I watch them. A marriage proposal is a big deal -- at least, it was for me! I think its great when someone puts alot of thought and effort into it. And then there's the cringe anticipation -- what if she says no after all this?!

Here's the move trailer video in case you haven't seen it. Pretty produced, and strikes a good balance between sappy and funny.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic