A little bit of blues

heyjoe

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:21 am

Shame about the grant situation Tony.

If you work out how to stop the flying finges , please let me know, I have the same issue.

Looking forward to your next blues video

Joe

AndyT

Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:29 pm

Just keep pounding on it my friend. Sooner or later it will give up and quit resisting you.
Smooth sounds getting ever sweeter...

tovo

Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:55 am

Thanks for the positive words Andy. A journey of a 1000 miles begins with a single step eh?!

lueders

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:04 pm

That has some real nice phrasing in there. I'm sure I dunno what I'm talking about...but I think u got a definite B.B. King vibe/feel goin. (Maybe a little T-Bone Walker thrown in for good measure.) I. Really like the run that u did starting around 5th position!

Just out of curiosity, are you picking notes of the "Albert King" Box? (I thought I heard an approximation of it during the aforementioned run, midway through, somewhere in the middle of the fretboard.)
Again I probably dont know what I am taking about; but you definitely have some good stuff a' goin' there. Nice Job!

And, what a fortunate son u r with an orange "Lucille"! If u ever get tired of it let me know!

tovo

Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:27 am

lueders wrote:
And, what a fortunate son u r with an orange "Lucille"! If u ever get tired of it let me know!
That's a deal Cori, I get tired of guitars pretty damn quickly for someone without a lot of skill! Bought a Fender telecaster American Standard just this morning as a matter of fact! :)

Thanks a lot for your kind words. I know you are a blues fan. I know about the BB Box and know a couple of "BB Style" licks. I learned the progression rather than made it up, I don't have those skills yet. With the advice I have received I am improving. Gee...I even got an impromptu lesson at the guitar store this morning and he gave me great advice about my thumb position. Since I had an attitude readjustment and my mindset is to soak in as much (good) advice as I can, I'm feeling very motivated. Thanks again Cori.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic