Just played my first few chords....

BigBear

Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:08 am

I played my guitar briefly last night, for the first time since my left hand surgery. OMG, it felt so good to play again!! I'm still very stiff, in fact I still have my stitches in but the Doc said to stretch it so I did. I over-did it a little but just to get my guitar back safe and sound (my friend said he hoped I'd die on the operating table so he could keep my guitar and not tell my wife!! LOL! Some friend!!) was a real relief!!

Barre chords were a breeze but a basic open C or F are still too painful to execute properly. I don't know what I expected after a hand surgery. I think I was hoping I'd wake up and play like Neil. rofl!!

Anyway, had to share my joy at playing again. It was really weird not to play for a few weeks. I didn't realize how therapeutic or addictive playing the guitar has become. Probably like all of you- I'm hopelessly hooked! Don't underestimate how important music is in your life!!

Thanks again for all the well wishes!!

Rick

Lavallee

Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:30 am

Hi Rick, I am glad the surgery went well and that you are already working on your guitar. There is nothing like missing for a while something taken fro granted. It suddenly appears to be way more important than you thought. .

It is a good thing your friend took good care of your guitar.

Have fun

Marc

michelew

Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:13 am

It's great to hear that you're playing again Bear. I really hope your hand loosens up quickly and painlessly of course.

Be sweet to yourself, little by little. Don't commit yourself to a three hour concert just yet. :)

All the best. Say now that you have a new and improved hand, any chance of seeing a video soon-ish to show it off?

Shel

tombo1230

Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:19 am

I am glad you are bouncing back so quickly Rick. I totally get what it's like to be denied playing, as I was in a similar position at the end of November last year. It's frustrating, but the time will pass and you should be as good as new. Thankfully everyone is supportive here and that makes such a difference to your recovery.

Don't over do it, just do enough and you will soon be back to normal. :)

Tom N.

Catman

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:11 am

Great news!

-David

willem

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:44 am

Glad it went all to the good side and playing a few chords(well 3 could be enough)..how did it feel to hold your babe in your arms again? I'm sure it felt good..

Feel free to dail a number anytime you want..

Willem

daryl

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:55 am

How exciting! It must feel so comforting to hold your guitar again and have it "sing" to you. I too would love to see a video from you......

Hydroman52

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:22 am

Glad to see you back among the living.

Hydroman52

AcousticAl

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:59 am

Rick,

From the title, I thought this was someone introducing themselves to the community that had just started playing!!

I missed the news that you were going in for hand surgery.. But I'm glad to hear you're on the mend.

Btw- your friend doesn't sound worthy of your guitar. I'll PM you my address if you ever need someone to take care of your guitars again. ;)

All the best!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:35 am

Don't over do it, just do enough and you will soon be back to normal.
Tom N.
Them will have to mighty strong pills your swallowing to get you to "normal" Bear! I'll settle for the old Bear with new hands :-)

Sure am looking forward to the recovery video post. :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic