Baritone Ukulele Ownere

clydeortego

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:26 pm

Hey everyone:

I am a Baritone Ukulele Owner and I am looking for anyone in the new orleans area espically on the west bank to get together and play.

Any one interested and up for the challenge.

Mahalo

Clyde Ortego B)

michelew

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:34 pm

Clyde,

A big Hi from Sydney. Good to see another ukulele owner on TG.

Living in Sydney I can't take up your invitation to get together and play the Uke, but I wish you luck.

Regarding your question to Neil, the regular tuning of the baritone ukulele is the same as standard tuning for the first four strings of the guitar (D G B E). So to play songs normally played on a guitar you could just play normal chords and not place your fingers for the fifth and sixth string (aghhhhh since there is no where for them to go ;) ). So for example a G is just played with third finger, third fret, first string (thinnest - at the bottom); (which still gives you D, G, B, G - a G chord).

Of course it will sound different because you don't have the bass notes and you may need to check that you are still playing all the notes you need for the chord you wish to play (e.g. It still includes the root).

Lots of sites have ukulele tab and some give chord diagrams for tenor/soprano and baritone ukuleles. I suggest you try ukulele-tabs.com

Now of course if you tune your baritone to the tenor tuning or something different again then you'll need to look up the chord shapes for that tuning.

Have fun.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic