Do you prefer it on top, or on the bottom????????

tovo

Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:48 pm

suziko wrote:
I put mine on from the bottom up (I'm assuming by "bottom" you mean close to the high strings??). I'm wondering why Tony thinks that way looks "thrown on?"

Suzi
Because if you assume as I do that the concept of the capo creator was for it to go on top down then bottom up always looks like the player was thinking "shoot I need a capo and I need to get it on quickly so I won't worry about how I put it on". After all, it works just fine either way.

I know my thoughts there are ridiculous as I doubt very much that the creator of the capo had any such thoughts in mind, but that was the thought behind my comment.

You put yours on "bottom up" eh Sue? Man that's weird! ;)

BobR

Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:33 pm

Well I've been putting mine on top to bottom because that way I won't drop it :laugh: Image

BobR

Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:07 pm

In all honesty, I mean call me an idiot if you want, but........I'm actually really not sure what you are all talking about, can someone enlighten me here????!! :S :unsure: :dry:

tombo1230

Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:47 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
In all honesty, I mean call me an idiot if you want, but........I'm actually really not sure what you are all talking about, can someone enlighten me here????!! :S :unsure: :dry:
I think they mean hinge part of the capo at the top or bottom of the guitar. :)

Personally I put it at the top. (Low sounding strings). This is similar to the toilet roll question. :blink: :whistle: :cheer:

Tom N.

tovo

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:56 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
I wouldn't worry Ness...I have no idea what I'm talking about either! ;)

Chasplaya

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:40 am

tovo wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Finally in print an Aussie that admits he doesn't know what he's on about lol!! I might print and frame this post for posterity!

Me I'm a top down person... with the hinge style capo, but the one with the elastic well doesn't matter does it!

Music Junkie

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:47 am

Chasplaya wrote:
tovo wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Finally in print an Aussie that admits he doesn't know what he's on about lol!! I might print and frame this post for posterity!

Me I'm a top down person... with the hinge style capo, but the one with the elastic well doesn't matter does it!
None of it matters! :woohoo:

I have just been around a few different players and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. I was just curious to see if anybody had a reason for their choice. For me, it was just because going over from the top with the Shubb made it really easy to do it with one hand. But, like Daryl mentioned, there are times when I go from the bottom up if I am trying to perform a lazy mans Dropped D.... ;)

suziko

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:50 am

So I just put my capo on and, hey what do you know? I apparently put it on top down! :)

Suzi

Lavallee

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Alright I thínk I understand what you're all talking about here!! :laugh: :laugh:

tombo1230 wrote:

This is similar to the toilet roll question. :blink: :whistle: :cheer:

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Haha! Thanks Tony, then I'm not the only who does so here and there!! :S :laugh: :lol:

tovo wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic