Not another stupid question!...

michelew

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:42 am

Want to B indeed! :) :) :)

Well I think Daryl's solution is working. The groove is very thin so I had trouble getting graphite into it. I essentially had to rub the pencil on the string itself and hope that it transferred through. But,...I think it is doing the trick, so I'll just rub a pencil on it occasionally. Cool!!!! I love it when the simple stuff solves the problem.

So...no stupid questions just people asking them... Got it. :).

OK next indeed.

Thanks guys.

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:17 am

daryl wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hi Shel, there are no stupid questions, of course, just stupid people asking questions ;-). Oh, did I get that right? :P Actually, I have always found the same problem on both my guitars, yes I do find the B string often does not want to B, as Tony so eloquently put it! That was when tuning by ear... whne tuning with a tuner, its less of a problem. there is something about that B....
Too funny. I've missed YOU too!
Luckily Shel knows I'm only taking the pee! :P :laugh:

thereshopeyet

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:04 am

Thanks

snipe

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:20 am

I always have trouble with the b string when tunning by ear. Maybe its my ear! Alot easier with an electronic tuner though.
Mike

tombo1230

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:38 pm

michelew wrote:
I was just tuning my guitar. Maybe I'm imagining things, but I often find it tricky to tune the B-string properly. It's always the B.

Do any of you experience that? Or...

M.
Claire had a similar problem recently with her B and G strings (not the same G string Tony mentioned LOL!) and I tightened the nut that holds the pegs in place with a spanner, then I tightened the screws at the tip of the tuners knobs. They have been fine since. :)

Tom N.

unclewalt

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:49 pm

Of course there's such a thing as a stupid question. "How many fingers do I have?" is a stupid question.

But this isn't one -- it's very common. I've been hearing it, and asking it, all my life. Most of the answers I've heard are here:

http://music.metafilter.com/2383/Why-is ... ng-in-tune

thereshopeyet

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks.

michelew

Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:00 am

Oh Deeeeeeermont..... :) :) ;) B) what shall we do with you? :) funny dude.

BTW - aaaarrrhhh I don't have one of those pencils in the house.... Sooooooo.... I might just stick with.....a conventional pencil. :) but, go right ahead and let us know how you find your solution.

Chasplaya

Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:49 pm

Absolutely no such thing as a stupid question, maybe stupid answers though! I've had similar issues with various strings at times and its more often than not dirty strings needing replacing or string sticking in the nut as has already been mentioned. Graphite is the answer to the latter issue and new strings to the former or if your a tight a@#e 'Fast Fret' cleaner.

thereshopeyet

Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic