Earworms...??... What are you listening to? and Kevin the OH so sweet lullaby singing Grandpa :)

michelew

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Well this morning and when I woke during the night it was 'Feel' - Robbie Williams . Yep I get ear worms a lot too. That reminds me of another thread I might start. Actually, one of the boys in my family who lived with me for a while when he was little used to tell everyone (sitting in a cafe, walking down the street, waiting for a bus...) that I had worms. .. ''Shel's got worms!' said veeeeerrrry excitedly. Of course he meant in my worm farm, ;) :) :) the great little compost-makers that they are. He was adorable.

Nessa - Bed of Roses - yeh -the whole song is powerful, but I'll check out Richie's harmonies - I feel a change in earworm coming. Actually, I definitely get them when I'm working on a song, probably because I'm trying to get it into my head and under my fingers by playing and listening to it a lot.

Bill - Oh my! It doesn't look very comfortable does it. I pick...song, definitely. Haha :) B)

Pete - good example - I'm SURE I've had that at some stage too.

Chas - cool getting to meet Tim. I'll check out your videos when I can grab my ear phones or make noise.

Willem - way to make Neil smile. :) all you need to do is listen to the song on repeat for a while, a couple of hours should do it and then...Bob's your uncle! ...hey presto, you'll have an ear worm.

Tony -SRV! Well I never could have guessed that. B) sounds like an ear worm breeding ground. :)

Dermot - good one!

Pierre - Yeh!!!!! I'm glad to be annoyingly of service. :) phew! What a relief that must be.

Scott - I hear you. I have music playing in my head so often that I'd be OK for a while if I lost my iPhone/iPod. I'm often tapping, humming, whatever. :)

So it seems we ALL have worms! ;);););););) B)

M.

willem

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:51 pm

Thanks for the tips Shell..

repeAT,REPEAT,,rEPEAT,,repeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaat,,,etc Image

willem

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:51 pm

michelew

Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:07 pm

sbutler wrote:
Ah Shel, Earworms you say. Well up until now, I never knew what to call them. But as a matter of fact, I've been plagued with said affliction. I've made no attempt (on this site) to hide my addiction to "Mood For a Day". Hell I wake up in the middle of the night hearing it, and trying to play it. However, its not the only song that is crawling around like the worm in my ear.

This one has my toe tapping a lot, and everyone around me is sayin "Dude, whats wrong with you?".

Earworms. That's what I'll tell them from now on.

Scott
Scott,

GREAT song! I love it. No wonder you're tapping your foot. I LOVE watching artists build the song like that too.WOW! "Ooh, ooooh, you're not the one for me" . Thanks.

michelew

Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:07 pm

willem wrote:

haha!! Cute! :) :) :). And you're welcome Sir. :)

michelew

Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Well I've listened to all the linked videos I can play on my iPad.

Nessa - yep - the harmonies are great and really add to the feeling. And I LOVE your passion. :kiss: :)

Pierre - very cute! I could definitely see you performing that one. It might work well on the ukulele too, perhaps too tongue in cheek. :)

Dermot - John has a nice voice.

Chas - I do like SRV I listened to him a Fair bit in uni, it takes me straight back there. I must get more of his stuff now that my library is all electronic. Actually I was wondering what I'm no longer listening to because I had it on vinyl...or the CD has somehow not stayed in my possession. SRV fits into that basket.

I've uploaded iOS6 to my iPad and now I can watch videos that I wasn't able to previously.

Chris - the 40 year old original is very evocative. It reminds me a little of Jethro Tull. Maybe it's just the flute.

Jason - it's a great song. I love Nessa's version. And I'd love to see yours. Maybe you could do a combo air guitar/acoustic guitar dual upload. :)

Well this has been a diversely and multi flavored worm farm. :)

Thanks

Shel

michelew

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:13 pm

OK one last observation. Since starting this thread, I've been really noticing how many songs play in my head during the day, night, morning... Anyway, I was walking up the street with Sue on a coffee mission and I said "It's a beautiful day."

... Enter drums and bass. :)

Yep, you guessed it. I've had U2 playing the soundtrack to my day ever since. :)

I think you get the point about how my head is working.

Shel

sbutler

Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:36 pm

michelew wrote:
sbutler wrote:
Ah Shel, Earworms you say. Well up until now, I never knew what to call them. But as a matter of fact, I've been plagued with said affliction. I've made no attempt (on this site) to hide my addiction to "Mood For a Day". Hell I wake up in the middle of the night hearing it, and trying to play it. However, its not the only song that is crawling around like the worm in my ear.

This one has my toe tapping a lot, and everyone around me is sayin "Dude, whats wrong with you?".

Scott
Scott,

GREAT song! I love it. No wonder you're tapping your foot. I LOVE watching artists build the song like that too.WOW! "Ooh, ooooh, you're not the one for me" . Thanks.
Well if I'm not now, then maybe later eh? :silly: Scott

michelew

Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:41 pm

Scott - haha!! You never know right? :) :). But of course that wasn't a message to you. :kiss: just sing typing what was in my head. :)

willem

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:34 am

sbutler wrote:
michelew wrote:
sbutler wrote:

Scott
Scott,

Well if I'm not now, then maybe later eh? :silly: Scott
Damn Scott,,now my earworms are swingin too

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic