Are you kidding?! My fingers don't bend like that!!! Hinge, cringe!!!

willem

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:53 pm

michelew wrote:
I'm going with 6 then...maybe 8 :)

So Willem...you reckon Ness was rockin' out in her mum's belly? Well that WOULD explain a few things. :) B)

Rockin in the belly?? maybe it was musical seed!!! B)

thereshopeyet

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Michelle Wrote:
So Willem...you reckon Ness was rockin' out in her mum's belly? Well that WOULD explain a few things
:ohmy:

michelew

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:55 pm

That's a given Willem. Her dad taught her the guitar. In fact she was probably rocking' out in her mum's belly playing A-shaped barre chords while her dad was playing Eagles tunes and her mum was singing. What chance did she have of being ordinary? That's the making of a muso superhero right there. :)

thereshopeyet

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:11 pm

:ohmy: :ohmy:

Lavallee

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:44 pm

If I have my bar finger with a bit of an angle (not so parallel to the fret, I can dom a decent A shped bar (wine helps, however). If I need to switch quickly, I would use the pinky instead of the ring finger for the a shape.

Marc

Catman

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:01 am

OK,

I asked my physiotherapist about this.

Although exercises can be performed to increase the amount of reverse hingeability (a new word?) of the first joint of our fingers, she doesn't recommend it. She was actually a little bit horrified at the concept. She told me "If you can do without it, then don't try it"*.

This was pretty annoying, because although she doesn't play guitar, her fingers bend perfectly for playing hinge-barre chords...

David

* Translated from Hebrew.....

michelew

Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:21 pm

Thanks David.

Yeh... We probably shouldn't torture our fingers on and off for years on end either. For example, by placing them against fine wire until they hurt heaps, sometimes blister, get calloused as if little lentils have been placed at the ends of them... Or stretch them in crazy ways or the million other things we do that are difficult because our arms, wrists and hands just weren't designed to do those things. But....we do :)

What a crazy bunch we all are. The things you do for love. :)

michelew

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:16 pm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You guys and gal are hilarious!!!!

I'll tell my parents yóu all said that!! :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic