To those who know stuff - Thanks

tacticaltal

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:04 pm

BigBear wrote:
So if you want candid feedback you must ask for it!! I went out on a limb with Terry but he took it great and now I know he really wants to learn. And he knew that my intention was only to help him with a favorite song of mine.
Rick, I immediately went to practice HOTRS, after your comments, and found that everything you said was very true, including the arpeggio. I really do appreciate candid responses.

Terry

willem

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:11 am

Yeah Tony,,good one,,I benifit from everybodys ,,faults'' and the giving advice,suggestions and so on,,not that I remember it all but I guess we all growing without maybe knowing it..and I have so much respect for them that are putting them self out there(here),but thats a great thing for getting stuff from those that know something(or a lot),,thats also why I like the fly's on the wall,there so much in them,,I wish they do one day a fly on the wall on the blues..

so much respect and thanks for the tips etc..

Willem

tovo

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:52 pm

BigBear wrote:

So it's always been safe to offer Tony feedback. He never takes offense and always is appreciative.
Look, ABSOLUTELY don't want to turn this into "about me" but I had to step in because while very kind Rick, not entirely true. Although I have always accepted your feedback Rick, I got a bit full of myself at one point and did take offence to some other very kind people trying to help me. What a jerk I was!

I learned A LOT from that unacceptable behaviour, and NOW what you write is true. The things we learn on TG aren't always about playing guitar. That's why it means so much to me.

Thanks to those who have backed up my sentiments. Particularly since many contributers are the very people I am talking about.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic