Good stuff! - Found any music related equipment/accessories lately worth talking about? What? Why?

tacticaltal

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:30 am

Gosh, what a tech woman you are!!! ;) :P :) :laugh: :)

michelew

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:22 pm

Haha! Yeh, yeh, 'laugh it up fuzzball' - said in good Harrison Ford voice.

:) well I do enjoy finding great stuff that addresses an issue I'm facing and learning more about equipment. But, GOSH! There's so much to learn and so many possibilities out there and it would be so easy to spend a fortune. It's hard to know where to start. It's even harder to know what the best options for your needs are.

I definitely need or learn more about recording setups, for example.

It's Ok for some, but those of us who aren't muso superheroes need to rely on equipment a little (a LOT) more. :P :P :P

So nothing that fits the bill Nessa? :)

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:09 pm

Pics, i'm using a TUSQ graphtech 1.0 - it's the same material that's used on a range of guitar saddles (including Taylor and Larrivee), a synthetic bone. It's got a nice rigidity to it, but it's still flexible and it sounds good.
Really? I've got this triangular piece of plastic. ;-)

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:16 pm

That was great Michel.... I feel your pain :laugh:

tacticaltal wrote:
BTW: SUBSCRIBED :)

michelew

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:34 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Pics, i'm using a TUSQ graphtech 1.0 - it's the same material that's used on a range of guitar saddles (including Taylor and Larrivee), a synthetic bone. It's got a nice rigidity to it, but it's still flexible and it sounds good.
Really? I've got this triangular piece of plastic. ;-)
I feel your pain Chris. Picks used to feel alien in my hands too. I still definitely prefer to play sans pick. Perhaps that's one of the reason the ukulele works for me and why I enjoy playing nylon strings so much. I'm conscious that I still owe you a song challenge. I was considering making it one that REQUIRED you to use a pick. But,...well :) I wasn't sure whether it would just take all the fun out of the challenge for you. So haven't... :) ... Yet... On a scale of 0 - 10 where 0 is Buckley's what sort of chance would I have of getting you to learn a pick dependent song? A 3... ?

Ever hopeful. :)

Shel

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Pick dependent song eh? Hmmm. That would be More Than a Feeling by Boston which I can half do with fingers but the pick is so much more difficult.... Hmmmm....

BTW WTF is Buckley? ;-)

michelew

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:06 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Pick dependent song eh? Hmmm. That would be More Than a Feeling by Boston which I can half do with fingers but the pick is so much more difficult.... Hmmmm....

BTW WTF is Buckley? ;-)
OMG!!!! I guess I assumed an Englishman would get the reference. We have a saying here "You have two chances, Buckley's and none" or just "you've got Buckley's". It means there is ABSOLUTELY NO chance; "a snowball's chance in hell". I didn't realise until I just googled it that it's an Aussie idiom. Buckley was a very unlucky man it would seem. He was an English convict transported to Australia for stealing a bolt of cloth, which he denied (apparently according to Wikipedia he claimed he was just helping a little old lady carry it.) there's more to his story, but I assume you get the gist.

Sorry for being parochial. :) the world really isn't THAT small.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic