A Tweet for Taylor Guitar Owners

jimcjimc

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:00 pm

That time of year when the @TaylorGuitars Wood & Steel annual guitar guide comes in the mail and you spend all weekend reading it #guitarlust

familyman4

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:06 pm

I am right there wityh you JimC. My pick so far is the 912CE on page 19. I have fallen in love with the grand concert size because of the ease of fingure picking. the sunburst top is unbelievably beautiful!

I also think the BTO on page 61 is quite exceptional! The enlays of running horses is unique and the koa is also on my list of what I am hoping for someday. Already been looking at a K22CE (all koa grand concert) but this BTO is outstanding.

I will keep dreaming....
Bart

dennisg

Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:13 pm

familyman4 wrote:
I am right there wityh you JimC. My pick so far is the 912CE on page 19. I have fallen in love with the grand concert size because of the ease of fingure picking. the sunburst top is unbelievably beautiful!

I also think the BTO on page 61 is quite exceptional! The enlays of running horses is unique and the koa is also on my list of what I am hoping for someday. Already been looking at a K22CE (all koa grand concert) but this BTO is outstanding.

I will keep dreaming....
Bart
I'm a total convert to Grand Concert-sized guitars. Since 99 percent of my playing is done sitting on a couch, the GC size fits perfectly and, if you get the right one, sounds outstanding. I've got a sinker redwood over cocobolo 12-fret GC that is just outstanding. A dream guitar for me.

familyman4

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Oh man, the sinker redwood is Gorgeous and the cocobolo is awesome too. I helped a friend find a limited edition with Cocobolo and it broke my heart to see the guitar get away from me. Oh well, at least I know where it's at and have first chance of buying ot if he decides to let it go sometime...

Enjoy your sweet guitar!

jimcjimc

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:30 pm

familyman4 wrote:

I will keep dreaming....
Bart
Hi Bart,

I Have similar dreams. I think I would go for the grand concert size and I am lusting for koa. My first guitar was grand auditorium size and later I bought the GSmini. I like the smaller size and find myself picking up the mini more often. If I haven't played in a while, I notice the medium guage strings that the mini requires, so I sometimes think about getting a nylon string guitar one of these years.

Jim

dennisg

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:12 pm

jimcjimc wrote:
familyman4 wrote:

I will keep dreaming....
Bart
Hi Bart,

I Have similar dreams. I think I would go for the grand concert size and I am lusting for koa. My first guitar was grand auditorium size and later I bought the GSmini. I like the smaller size and find myself picking up the mini more often. If I haven't played in a while, I notice the medium guage strings that the mini requires, so I sometimes think about getting a nylon string guitar one of these years.

Jim
Hey, Jim, here's your new guitar:

http://www.unofficialtaylorguitarforum. ... pic=2564.0

jimcjimc

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:49 pm

dennisg wrote:
jimcjimc wrote:
familyman4 wrote:

I will keep dreaming....
Bart
Hi Bart,

Jim
Hey, Jim, here's your new guitar:

http://www.unofficialtaylorguitarforum. ... pic=2564.0
Thanks, Dennis! That looks like a good deal. I hadn't thought about buying a used guitar, but that may be a very cost-effective way to go. I will think about it. If I buy it, what's your finder's fee? :)

familyman4

Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:02 pm

Very pretty! I will not try to take it from you though. :) My hope is to find an "all KOA" (including the top) with a cut-away grand concert. This one looks like a screaming deal tho. Good luck!!!

dennisg

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Thanks, Dennis! That looks like a good deal. I hadn't thought about buying a used guitar, but that may be a very cost-effective way to go. I will think about it. If I buy it, what's your finder's fee? :)
My finder's fee is that you play something for me at guitar camp.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic