Review of my new Saville Guitars OM guitar

MarkM

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Bud,

Congratulations on a stunning guitar. I'm very happy for you. Nothing like getting that custom guitar that you chose specifically for your wants and needs. I'm glad you had a great experience. Wonderful tone you have there. My 714 LTD has Madagascar and I just love it. To me its better than my EIR and Cocobolo models. You're lucky you got your hands on some Madagascar as it is now an endanged wood. Value shoud go up!! I'm looking forward to seeing your future songs. Again, congrats on a great guitar.

MarkM

cavi

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Very nice, what kind of a wait time was it for the guitar?

buddy

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:54 pm

ceaser67 wrote:
Buddy
i really cant wait to get my hands on that guitar,thats just the inspiration ive been looking,it must be the postal service here in scotland thats delaying the delivery,as you know my one was ment to be here on the 27th and we were going to duet with identical guitars.......yours and the one you bought ME cant wait for the postman,that postman is going to feel VIOLATED when he leaves my door i can tell you

youre OLD scottish friend
TOMMY
Tommy, LOL the package seems to have been delayed and recalled for national security reasons :laugh:

Bud

buddy

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:57 pm

MarkM wrote:
Bud,

Congratulations on a stunning guitar. I'm very happy for you. Nothing like getting that custom guitar that you chose specifically for your wants and needs. I'm glad you had a great experience. Wonderful tone you have there. My 714 LTD has Madagascar and I just love it. To me its better than my EIR and Cocobolo models. You're lucky you got your hands on some Madagascar as it is now an endanged wood. Value shoud go up!! I'm looking forward to seeing your future songs. Again, congrats on a great guitar.

MarkM
Thanks much Mark, The Madagascar rosewood had been in his inventory for several years so I was very fortunate to find it in his wood pile. The more I play this Saville the more I am coming to appreciate all of its subtle features. The vibration that comes off of the top and sides is really amazing and the tone is so balanced on it.

Bud

buddy

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:02 am

cavi wrote:
Very nice, what kind of a wait time was it for the guitar?
The wait time was five months. I was not originally looking for a custom build guitar but when I played a few of these last year I was really sold. They due cost more than the high end Taylors Martins and Gibsons but it was worth it for what I would call a "lifetime" guitar that was built to my specs. The difference in fit, feel and sound is amazing.

Bud

tovo

Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:29 am

Nice looking guitar that's for sure. I was particularly impressed with how it sounded unplugged. Booming.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic