Neck – 5 piece laminate - walnut/2x ebony .080” /maple .225” Carbon reinforced
Nut- 1 3/4" bone
Saddle-bone
Bridge- Rosewood or ebony – (dark) 2 ¼” Spacing
Bridge pins-rosewood, abalone dots
Tuners Gotoh 510 3L/3R gold, 18:1
Tuner buttons- Black
Rosette- Madagascar Rosewood segmented
Soundhole/soundport binding - one 010" maple strip.
Purfling B/W/B
Back strip – Maple
End splice – Deep V or 90 grain to side
Fret wire – EVO Gold
Fretboard side dots- abalone.
Fretboard markers- ¼ abalone round
Fretboard inlay - none
Headstock inlay- abalone S
Pickup system- 9 volt PUTW dual source
Scale length- 25.4
Cutaway- none
Fretboard radius-16"
Neck joinery – Bolt on
Truss rod - double acting - access from sound hole.
Top radius- 28
Back radius-15
Bracing – X brace, Saville design, Somogyi inspired
Size - OM
Finish- Water based satin urethane
Strings - Elixir PB Light
Case – Ameritage Silver

familyman4

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:19 pm

Congratulations Buddy! It's not even Christmas :)

I love the size and appearance of the Saville. It sounds really good too!

Reading the specs, I noticed that the fretboard is Rosewood and the neck is a 5 piece laminate, with carbon reinforced. Is this Saville's answer to humidity changes and stress on the neck? The nut is still 1 3/4 size so it should be perfect for that size of instrument. How does it feel in your left hand?

Beautiful instrument! Enjoy the heck out of it and keep on jamming....

Congrats!
Bart

daryl

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Stunning. Sweet. I'm very happy for you! How did you choose Saville? Looking forward to your new videos with your new addition.

takhak

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:07 pm

Sounded beautiful on "Play Me". Would you mind telling us about the overall experience of buying a custom guitar?
How much did Steve talk you into or out of during the process? Are you happy with the choices made ,how it compares
to your other guitars,overall satisfaction, etc.,etc.. Is the body tapered?

Thanks

buddy

Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:13 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Congratulations Buddy! It's not even Christmas :)

I love the size and appearance of the Saville. It sounds really good too!

Reading the specs, I noticed that the fretboard is Rosewood and the neck is a 5 piece laminate, with carbon reinforced. Is this Saville's answer to humidity changes and stress on the neck? The nut is still 1 3/4 size so it should be perfect for that size of instrument. How does it feel in your left hand?

Beautiful instrument! Enjoy the heck out of it and keep on jamming....

Congrats!
Bart
Thanks Bart, I will ask Steve about the neck design. I really love the neck shape and the wider neck for my hands. The sound of this guitar has really blown me away.

Bud

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:27 pm

Wow, that's a real beaut Buddy and signed to you personally too! Loved it best on Play Me.... very nice!
Lets hope we hear quite a bit of this baby. Congratulations!

ceaser67

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:37 pm

Buddy
i really cant wait to get my hands on that guitar,thats just the inspiration ive been looking,it must be the postal service here in scotland thats delaying the delivery,as you know my one was ment to be here on the 27th and we were going to duet with identical guitars.......yours and the one you bought ME cant wait for the postman,that postman is going to feel VIOLATED when he leaves my door i can tell you

youre OLD scottish friend
TOMMY

buddy

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:32 am

daryl wrote:
Stunning. Sweet. I'm very happy for you! How did you choose Saville? Looking forward to your new videos with your new addition.
Thanks Daryl, I met Steve Saville at a guitar jam and he had some of his guitars on site that I got to play. I also spoke with several other people who had his guitars and got feedback from them. What really sold me is the sound and quality of the guitars. I love my Taylor guitar but the sound coming out of the Saville is a whole new ballgame as she really sings a lovely song. Steve is a mechanical engineer by trade so he has done some special things in the guitar design to increase the vibration of the top and back of the guitar and this is what really gives it an amazing tone and voice.

Bud

buddy

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:12 pm

takhak wrote:
Sounded beautiful on "Play Me". Would you mind telling us about the overall experience of buying a custom guitar?
How much did Steve talk you into or out of during the process? Are you happy with the choices made ,how it compares
to your other guitars,overall satisfaction, etc.,etc.. Is the body tapered?

Thanks
Overall, this was a great experience. I could not be happier with the outcome and this guitar really has the tone I was looking for. Steve was very good at giving me input while not trying to influence my decisions. He really educated me on wood selections and how the different elements of the guitar impact the sound. One of the best things about working with Steve is that I was able to hand select all the wood and also tone test it to insure I was going to get the sound response I was looking for. Steve is a mechanical engineer by trade and so hes designed some unique features into the bracing and top and sides of the guitar that create an incredible sound response and low end. I have never heard a guitar that has such a good low end response and yet has a very clean clear sound to with miles of sustain. Hope that answers your questions and if not then just let me know what else I can help with.

Bud

buddy

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:07 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Wow, that's a real beaut Buddy and signed to you personally too! Loved it best on Play Me.... very nice!
Lets hope we hear quite a bit of this baby. Congratulations!
Thanks so much Chris, I am really enjoying my new girl.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic