Tommy Emmanuel Guitar workshop on Super Bowl Sunday

jimcjimc

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:53 am

I think this is what they call counter programming.

If you are into guitars more than football and a Tommy Emmanuel fan and happen to be in the SF Bay Area (Los Gatos, in fact) on Super Bowl Sunday...

Instead of watching the SF 49ers play in the Super Bowl, you can attend this workshop from 2 to 5 PM:

http://www.woodshed.org/ai1ec_event/tom ... ce_id=5870

... and still catch the second half. :laugh:

Hydroman52

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:11 am

That's a no-brainer. As much as I like watching football, even if the Green Bay Packers had been good enough to make the Super Bowl, I would choose a workshop with Tommy Emanuel over a game with Aaron Rodgers. I know Rodgers would probably understand that decision, because he plays guitar, too.

That being said, I'm envious to anyone who will be able to attend the workshop. Good luck to both teams in the Super Bowl. They worked hard to get there and both deserve to be competing.

Hydroman52

cavi

Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:12 pm

wish I had seen this last week, I probaby would have gone...... I just saw Tommy here in Chico on friday..... I am bummed....

jimcjimc

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:10 pm

cavi wrote:
wish I had seen this last week, I probaby would have gone...... I just saw Tommy here in Chico on friday..... I am bummed....
I didn't attend, but here is a quote from Tommy E: "The only difference between you and I, is that I make my living playing the guitar."

and a photo that the organizers posted on Facebook. It looked like they had a large crowd. Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic