Who would it be?

tovo

Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:29 am

I've posed this or a very similar question before. Doesn't matter right?

If you had the chance to sit down for a drink with any musician dead or alive, who would you pick?

michelew

Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:32 am

Doesn't matter a bit ;) , I actually really appreciate you for doing so since it's always nice to get into such questions and reading the responses.

Uhm....it would be our very own teacher Neil..

Hopefully someday that'll happen too! :) :)

Ness

(of the dead ones.....hmm....Eva Cassidy..)

michelew

Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:42 am

I think I said Eva last time. :)

So. - Ella Fitzgerald and Louise Armstrong , Nina Simone, Patsy Cline and Mozart. Doing what they all do best. Hey perhaps all together. Hmmmm.... What would that be like, I'm sure Mozart could get into some swing. :)

Chasplaya

Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:40 pm

Tough question so many... One guy who inspired me in my early days is a guitarist from a Welsh band called 'Man', Deke Leonard; his and the bands playing is different to say the least ahead of his/its time with prog rock almost at times metal sometimes folkyish. If there are any Welsh on the site they may have heard of 'Man', the line up changed like the weather the members came and went and then came back again. Deke was one of those, did his solo albums then went back then left then went back and again and again. He also did quite a bit of the album cover work which was sometimes as interesting as the music. Something about the guy, 'Je ne se qoi', sums it up really, and I believe there is a lot more to him than I am aware of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deke_Leonard

Deke may not be my first choice if the opportunity came along. However, he would certainly feature in the mix.

tombo1230

Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:07 pm

For me, George Harrison, Elvis Presley and John Lennon all together. What a jam session that would be! B)

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:34 pm

Thanks.

michelew

Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:05 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Doesn't matter a bit ;) , I actually really appreciate you for doing so since it's always nice to get into such questions and reading the responses.

Ness

... And... Not Elvis???? :unsure: B) :P

sbutler

Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:13 am

Haha, Elvis indeed! Well.......the reason why I would wanna have a drink with Neil or Eva, would be to elaborate on music. I mean Elvis was fantastic, but i would have another conversation with him. ;)

So the 'having a drink' wouldn't be about playing music, jamming or whatever, it would be for talking, to me that slightly changes the answer.

And as you all know, Neil does know quite a bit about music in general! :P ;) :cheer:

michelew wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:

Ness

willem

Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:23 am

When Vanessa as her conversation with Neil and Eva then I would be the camera man to film it...

Willem

michelew

Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:30 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Haha, Elvis indeed! Well.......the reason why I would wanna have a drink with Neil or Eva, would be to elaborate on music. I mean Elvis was fantastic, but i would have another conversation with him. ;)

So the 'having a drink' wouldn't be about playing music, jamming or whatever, it would be for talking, to me that slightly changes the answer.

And as you all know, Neil does know quite a bit about music in general! :P ;) :cheer:

michelew wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:

Ness

Actually to answer the question properly, if it's a sit down chat I like to chat to Adele because she seems like a hoot , Sarah McLaughlin because she's fascinating and very cool and the Indigo Girls because they're very cool too and have great politics. They're all very passionate about music of course too and help promote other women artists ( the last two at least). And of course I'd love to see them all in action.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic