Who would it be?

willem

Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:54 am

Haha!! :laugh: :P

Well a FOTW with Neil someday would be awesome to me!! ;)

willem wrote:
When Vanessa as her conversation with Neil and Eva then I would be the camera man to film it...

Willem

michelew

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:10 am

See? It does influence the answer to the question doesn't it???! :P

michelew wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Haha, Elvis indeed! Well.......the reason why I would wanna have a drink with Neil or Eva, would be to elaborate on music. I mean Elvis was fantastic, but i would have another conversation with him. ;)

So the 'having a drink' wouldn't be about playing music, jamming or whatever, it would be for talking, to me that slightly changes the answer.

And as you all know, Neil does know quite a bit about music in general! :P ;) :cheer:

michelew wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:

... And... Not Elvis???? :unsure: B) :P

Actually to answer the question properly, if it's a sit down chat I like to chat to Adele because she seems like a hoot , Sarah McLaughlin because she's fascinating and very cool and the Indigo Girls because they're very cool too and have great politics. They're all very passionate about music of course too and help promote other women artists ( the last two at least). And of course I'd love to see them all in action.

michelew

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:14 am

Hmmmm...:) :P :P

And I guess I'd need to learn conversant German to talk to Mozart. :)

ncsurfer

Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:59 am

John Hiatt, John Prine and Bruce Springsteen

Stand up people and passionate lyrics that make me stop what I'm doing and just listen.

dennisg

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:05 am

I'd love to sit down with John Lennon AND Paul McCartney to compare notes on what they remember about specific songs. And I'd like to know which Beatles songs they wish they'd done differently.

Catman

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:09 am

michelew wrote:
And I guess I'd need to learn conversant German to talk to Mozart. :)
Shel, if Tony can raise Mozart from the dead, I'm sure he can provide a babelfish at the same time.

At this particular instant, my answer would be Al Stewart. Ask me again in 5 minutes...

David

wrench

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:31 am

Neil is certainly my first choice, so there's no news there. But...

I went to the Canadian Guitar Festival a couple of years ago, and had conversations with about twenty artists, all of whom I am a fan. Of the twenty or so, I felt there were only two from whom I could learn any meaningful lessons in music. One of the two is Don Ross, who is a combination artist-teacher who, like Neil, speaks music theory as a native language. So Neil is still my first choice, but Don Ross is a really, really close second.

I would like to hear from JS Bach, but doing so may indicate some other problems........

TGMatt

Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:49 pm

I used to think on this question some too, more recently I have had the opportunity to spend time with some music greats, some of whom have been mentioned here , and it has been interesting for sure, but the most amount of fun I have had is my ongoing dialogue with my new buddy Kenny Aranoff. As a drummer he has played on stones records to Mellencamp, fromn Sting to the Smashing pumpkins..the stories from the past and the present are just astonishing..and this year with a new touring and recording schedule that includes John Fogerty and others there will be plenty more, he has seen and sees behind the scenes of all the machinations with some of the greatest artists on the planet and his musical ability is astonishing. Hope to have him show up here in cameo soon,

Fyi Tommy Emmanueal 1 n 1 is a blast because he is a conversationalist and storyteller, a couple of others mentioned here who I have the good fortune of hanging with were frankly, well, not so interesting frankly.

auntlynnie

Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:06 pm

Well, I usually get real shy whenever I'm around anyone famous.

I've thought and thought about it, and there are so many famous musicians who I admire, but I'd be scared to meet them. Meeting Neil was great, and just talking music with him was so much fun that it was hard to get to the actual lesson. I have to say that I'd like to meet so many of the people here on the site (I'm not so scared of regular people!) ...I hope a TG conference/camp/workshop really does happen some day soon.

Lynn

tovo

Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Thanks for some interesting responses. Several people have indicated how much they would like to meet Neil and it strikes me that in my very hypothetical thread, I may not be able to raise Bach and John Lennon from the dead, I may not be able to imbue Shel with the ability to speak German, and even Al Stewart may be difficult, but Neil is very achievable! He's alive (which is a great bonus for us all...and him too I expect) and you know where to find him....so make it happen. The World is a pretty small place these days.

I personally would be thrilled to see a 'fly on the wall' with Ness and Neil. (Sounds like a good name for a folk band as well)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic