Who would it be?

thereshopeyet

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:58 pm

Tovo Wrote:
......................but Neil is very achievable! He's alive
Are you sure about that TOVO...............

Click Image To Enlarge

jimcjimc

Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:32 am

Haha! Sounds great! :cheer:

You're right of course, Neil is alive. Still would he have the time to sit down and have a drink with me? (Sure he'll make time for a lesson.) And during a TG-event, there would be too many people that he needs to talk to.

So I don't think a drink and chat will ever happen.....not really that is....I'm still in answering the question-mode. :)

But a lesson, yeah, that might happen someday, I just need a couple of reasons to go to California again! ;)

tovo wrote:

I personally would be thrilled to see a 'fly on the wall' with Ness and Neil. (Sounds like a good name for a folk band as well)

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:08 am

Well, you all know that Justin Hayward would be my choice and I'd join David to chat with Al Stewart (and ask him where Year of The Cat came from) and I could be the Babelfish for Shel with Mozart (and Bach, for that matter) and I'd really enjoy a chat with Paul Simon and of course, I'd join in on Dennis' interview with John and Paul (I could translate Scouse to American ;-) ).

I have chatted with BJH and John Helliwell from Supertramp but as I didn't know where the "local action" was... it didn't go very far! ;-). At the same after party (Art on Ice , Zürich 2004) I missed my chance to meet Justin as he was down with a cold in his room. Rats!

auntlynnie

Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:41 pm

This is particularly for neverfoundthetime....

A few years ago a friend of mine who was working at XM radio in Washington, DC, phoned me to ask if I would like to see Justin Hayward and John Lodge at the XM studio for one of those interview/play a few songs type sessions. Of course I jumped at the chance. Everyone gathered outside the door about 20 minutes before the event, and my friend very cooly wormed his (and my) way to the front of the line (by talking shop with the others waiting in line). When we went inside, there were only about 30 seats, and my friend quickly got us the front, center seats. I suddenly found myself 5 feet from Hayward and Lodge. We were so close I could see the callouses on their fingers. It was amazing to sit there and listen to them talk about their lives, touring, the music, and hear them play a few songs. I had just seen them in concert the night before. But, I was too shy to even take a photo. My camera sat unused on my lap the entire time. I guess I kind of freeze up when I'm around famous people, and I didn't want to draw any attention myself. But that will remain one of the coolest afternoons of my life.

Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic