Are there any bass teachers in TG's future?

michelew

Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:45 am

About three years ago Robert Porter was introduced to us all and started to give advice about bass guitars and the paraphernalia that goes with them. There was even the suggestion of some bass lessons. Which....unless I missed them (and please let me know if I did) didn't get off the ground.

I'm assuming of course that events in Bob's life and TG plans meant that the original plan just didn't come together for one reason or another.

So I'm bassically ( :) ) wondering whether there are any future plans for bass lessons and advice, whether Bob might be back or whether TG central are considering getting another bassist to join the TG crew?

Perhaps Neil could let us know in the news (whenever the next one is) if there are any future plans along these lines.

Thanks

M.

TGNeil

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi Michele,

Thanks for bringing up the distant past, in tech years of course. I still see Bob every couple months- if you notice videos where I seem to have recently had a hair cut, it means a visit to Bob's. I will hit him up again next time I see him and see if he wants to get back on the case. We are also looking into a few new angles on lessons and bass may become part of the mix again.

Neil

TGMatt

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:43 am

Hey all .

What Neil forgot to mention is if we end up doing bass lessons it will become its own separate entity to TG, TG is Neil and acoustic, not all forms of guitar. We have to do this to be able to pay for teachers and build something that others will come to and enable its survival.

Cheers

michelew

Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:20 am

Neil and Matt,

Thanks for the information. I've been wondering whether there might be a Totally Bass Guitars in the pipeline. There's lots to learn about the bass to be sure. Perhaps you'll find a way to get the two sites working in tandem (complementary lessons, guest spots). It's a way to entice the members of one site to check out the offerings of the other of course.

Matt - I hope for all our sakes that you're able to find teachers as wonderful and as passionate about music and teaching as Neil. His knowledge, enthusiasm, attention to detail and dedication is a large part of why TG has worked so well. I know there's a lot of talent and hard work that's happening behind the scenes too. Good luck.

Thanks for the info and I really look forward to hearing more as the ideas start to get off the ground.

Cool!

Michele

TGMatt

Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:24 am

Yes that has been tricky finding people who have talent , can teach and an show up consistently, we believe we have found our right fit for www.totallykeyboards.com now, and Jim and his new portfolio of teachers coming also on www.totallyvocals.com

We do have plans to integrate a plan for existing members across the portfolio, and we have a new venture arriving soon with some talented individuals to share .

Thx for the interest

davidrfinn99165

Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:18 am

Well I'd love a Totally Bassguitars! :cheer: That would be awesome!! :)

sws626

Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Raising this thread from the dead. Checking in once every three years isn't too pushy, I hope. If a TB site were ever launched and run along the same lines as this one, I'm sure there would be a lot of interest. I understand from Matt's comment that the paid content would have to be managed separately, but I think there would be great value in maintaining a consolidated forum.

spinland

Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:29 pm

So, the last post on this thread was not quite three years ago...but forgive me the early inquiry? :silly:

I'm thinking the economics and logistics of this concept didn't gel sufficiently for it to happen; fair estimation?

I've finally begun trying to learn to play mine and was thinking how cool it might be if TG were able to branch into that arena, even just a little. :side:

M

TGNeil

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:55 pm

Hey Gang,

Just a quick message to let you know that we are always on the lookout for qualified teachers in lots of areas, including other instruments like bass. When we find ones we are excited about adding them to the staff. Feel free to pass the word as far as possible.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic