Buzz off!

michelew

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:37 pm

Thanks Hydro!

Gosh, that's a lot of potential sources of buzzing. There are none that specifically mention that its initiated by the capo being on. Regardless, it will come in handy. I sometimes get a stray sort of intermittent buzz in my steel string too, so this list will be great for that as well.

Thanks heaps. I'm be listening to my guitar feverishly, like a wild thing looking for a termite. :) :) so write me if someone puts me in the looney bin. :)

That's useful stuff.

M.

thereshopeyet

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:13 pm

Cool Link Hydro !

Michelle

Maybe you've got a hive in your guitar !!!

:woohoo:

michelew

Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Dermot you crazy larrikin. :)

Well I've rather have jive in my guitar ... Than hive. :p

michelew

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:18 am

Well I received my Planet Waves NS Classical Capo in the mail a couple of days ago and I have to say its great.

I'm now able to play buzz free without having to take the capo off a million times and adjusting it slightly. The best thing about it is you put it on the desired fret and then simply adjust the dial on the side until any buzzes are gone. Of course you then need to retune, but at least I'm only doing that once now.

Moving it to another fret takes longer, so it's probably not a solution for anyone one who gigs regularly, unless they're good at talking at the same time. :) But for my purposes...ahhhhhhh, sigh - much better. :)

I think my strings have settled too. The change each time I pick up my guitar is significantly less now. I don't think the capo itself is stretching the strings as i tighten it (which I think was happening before to some extent). But, I'm still happy with the ability to adjust the pressure of the capo while it's on the guitar. It's nice and compact too.

I'm so glad I don't need to take my beautiful classical to the doctor. It's sounding very sweet again.

See Dermot, NOT broken! :)

Report over.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this thread for all of your advice and observations. I'll still need to de-buzz my steel-string, which I think is a completely different issue (and thankfully only very intermittent).

Happy playing. Now back to River Man. :) or should that be :(

M.

michelew

Mon May 05, 2014 3:16 am

Hydroman52 wrote:
Michele,

Check out the "Big Buzz List" here:

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hope this helps,
Hydroman52
I'm just posting to say THANK YOU, a thank you, THANK YOU to Hydro. I think you've saved me a LOT of frustration and a trip to the guitar doctor.

My classical was buzzing. They are old stings so it wasn't that. I was beginning to think the action was too low all of a sudden, but I find it hard to believe that it was suddenly too low.

This link helped me to at least track down some of it, the tuning gear on one string was rattling. I'm not sure it's all gone yet...but this list should help me to whittle the contributors down.

Thanks for saving my sanity Hydro.

M

AndyT

Mon May 05, 2014 3:33 am

Funny this should pop up. My classical is a pre-owned guitar and the former owner never really took care of it. The neck dried out and cracked and the frets started to rise out of their slots. I need to take it in to the surgeon and get it fixed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic