How do you get the TG guitar Pro files into Guitar Pro?

bazzaspain

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:42 pm

I just downloaded the free sample version to see what it looks like and to download Neil's GP6 attachment files, but maybe I'm missing something blindingly obvious but nowhere in GP6 help can I find how to do it, the only import options give ASCII, Midi, Music XL, Power tab and Tabl Edit options and that means nothing to me so I looked on the attachment info on here and there's nothing to suggest what the files are or how to download

Presumably many of you use it and it's something simply but I haven't got a scooby, so if anyone could be so kind as to let me know how it's done it'll be greatly appreciated

sbutler

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:59 pm

First of all, you have to get into the area of a lesson that shows Neils charts, tabs and GP files. Click on the GP file, save it to your computer, then you can open it with your newly downloaded trial version. .

Scott

willem

Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:54 pm

If you have the program and the file on your computer just click or click twice on your file and the program will open automatic,,OR open your program en open the file under the menue button just on the upper left(the first button on the left side) the menue falls open and then choose OPEN..

wiley

Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:15 pm

bazzaspain

Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:39 pm

wiley wrote:
I'm not sure but I believe the 'trial' version of GP does not download??

I could be wrong, I've been a 'full' owner for a long time. As Willem suggested, all I need do is double click on the file under the lesson screen and GP does pretty much the rest. Even if GP is closed, it will open and download the file.
Yes maybe that's the problem, nothing happens when I do that, anyway thanks both of you for the feedback

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic