Got any super sad songs?

neverfoundthetime

Thu May 09, 2013 4:41 pm

And I think you could well be absolutely right on this too, you're on a roll Dennis! It is incredibly sad and Eva's voice is riveting... but it is also incredibly healing. And I can't quite explain why I find it healing, it just IS. If id didn't have that quality, I wouldn't be able to listen to it. Does anyone else relate to this healing quality... or am I just stating the obvious? As I said, been a muddled week!
Chris

dennisg wrote:
There are many reasons why this is the saddest song I've ever heard:

1. The song is about the loss of someone dear to you. I can relate to that.
2. Her voice is just perfect for this song -- smooth yet full of emotion.
3. Eva Cassidy was completely unknown for her entire performing career.
4. She died not long after this video was made.

dennisg

Thu May 09, 2013 5:02 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Duh! Brain malfunction! Of course, you are right Dennis... and I know I it's Rex Harrison's son as I posted that info a couple of years back when I covered the song. I'm having a bit of a muddled week!
Need more chocolate....
:-)

dennisg wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Here's father and son... not the Cat Stevens song but Macarthur Park by Richard Harris and Windmills of your mind by his son Noel Harris

It's easy to mix up Brits with similar names. Noel Harrison is the son of Rex Harrison (of My Fair Lady fame). If Richard Harris had fathered Noel Harrison, Richard would have been 4 years old when he did it. But knowing him, that might have been possible.
Understandable. We all have weeks like that. Doctor Den prescribes 8 ounces of very dark chocolate.

familyman4

Thu May 09, 2013 9:34 pm

Ok Dennis, you got me with that Eva Cassida song, Autumn Leaves. I love to listen to her music but admit that I do not as of yet own any of her albums. That girl sure could sing!!! She sings with such emotion that I don't know how she could get through an entire set.

Thanks for posting...
Bart

Edit: I listened to this song again and have finally figured out who she remonds me of. Diana Krall is a fantastic jazz piano player. I think they sound wonderfully close to the same. Real passion and sincere meaniongs to the words.

familyman4

Thu May 09, 2013 10:52 pm

daryl

Fri May 10, 2013 7:27 am

kelemenj

Fri May 10, 2013 9:11 am

One from the Chairman

One from the Boss

One more for good measure

OK, just one more

neverfoundthetime

Fri May 10, 2013 9:29 am

Can I have double prescription please! :-)

dennisg wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Duh! Brain malfunction! Of course, you are right Dennis... and I know I it's Rex Harrison's son as I posted that info a couple of years back when I covered the song. I'm having a bit of a muddled week!
Need more chocolate....
:-)

dennisg wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:

It's easy to mix up Brits with similar names. Noel Harrison is the son of Rex Harrison (of My Fair Lady fame). If Richard Harris had fathered Noel Harrison, Richard would have been 4 years old when he did it. But knowing him, that might have been possible.
Understandable. We all have weeks like that. Doctor Den prescribes 8 ounces of very dark chocolate.

takhak

Fri May 10, 2013 12:45 pm

haoli25

Fri May 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Put me down for some chocolate too. :)

Although I am not a great fan of Country music, this song has always been high on my list. It is "All These Years" by Sawyer Brown. First, it is an easy guitar song to play. Great lyrics by Mac McAnally. And I really love Mark Miller's voice on this song.

Bill

frybaby

Fri May 24, 2013 9:50 am

"THESE DAYS" by Jackson Brown. Check it out, you will be glad you did!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic