Work It Out Challenge #1: Driving Towards The Daylight

thereshopeyet

Mon May 13, 2013 12:58 pm

Hello Vanessa

The truth is I've not worked out anything.
I can hear and see a little from the viideo but can't make it happen !!

:)

thereshopeyet

Mon May 13, 2013 2:51 pm

You don't have to make it happen D. Just watch it and figure out the chords! :P

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hello Vanessa

The truth is I've not worked out anything.
I can hear and see a little from the viideo but can't make it happen !!

:S

sbutler

Mon May 13, 2013 3:42 pm

AH man your killin me. I have never heard of this guy or this song, but I Loved it first time. So here a I am, 6 days out of surgery. I got the immobilizer off this morning when the Surgeon told me all the bad tears in my shoulder he had to fix, and I have my seagull on my leg figuring this song out. Hey, Its good rehab :ohmy:

Anyway, I wont try long. I'll let pain tell me when to stop, but I love this stuff. Thanks Neil.

Scott

Music Junkie

Mon May 13, 2013 5:11 pm

sbutler wrote:
AH man your killin me. I have never heard of this guy or this song, but I Loved it first time. So here a I am, 6 days out of surgery. I got the immobilizer off this morning when the Surgeon told me all the bad tears in my shoulder he had to fix, and I have my seagull on my leg figuring this song out. Hey, Its good rehab :ohmy:

Anyway, I wont try long. I'll let pain tell me when to stop, but I love this stuff. Thanks Neil.

Scott
Glad to hear you made it through the procedure well, and are on the mend. I have messed with it a little, but this kind of thing is always tough for me. Have not gotten very far.

Keep us posted on your progress, and don't overdo it... ;)

Jason

thereshopeyet

Mon May 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Scott, Glad to hear your on the mend.
It can't be as sore as my head trying to work out the chords in this challenge!
Your lucky they didn't fit a capo to your shoulder !
Just think what tuning would you be in !!!
:S
:woohoo: :woohoo:

:ohmy:

Edit

You'd think seeing some of them would help, hearing them is another.

Click Image To Enlarge

thereshopeyet

Thu May 16, 2013 3:57 am

Now why would that be a Cm? Where is a C in this chord?

thereshopeyet wrote:

You'd think seeing some of them would help, hearing them is another.

Click Image To Enlarge

TGMatt

Thu May 16, 2013 4:00 am

Really hope you're getting better Scott. And yeah, figuring out stuff, very good rehab! :ohmy: :P

So what did you figure out?

sbutler wrote:

Scott

michelew

Thu May 16, 2013 9:32 am

I just had a go at this and got pretty close in the scheme of things (with a course correction). It's a fun exercise.

This is a cool song for what is essentially four/five chords. The hammer on and the strumming stresses really give it a great feel.

Neil - nice challenge. I really should do more of this working it out by watching and listening stuff.

Nice way to address a song on the 'Recommend a lesson' list.

M

Music Junkie

Thu May 16, 2013 10:09 am

Ness:

Well, with your help, I have the entire song laid out in a chord chart. I would post it, but not sure if that is o.k.

The only part that I don't have yet, is the bridge/solo.... It looks like he is making a little run based on an Em or G, and then he slides all the way up to the 8th fret (7th relative to the capo), I think. Then he comes back down to the run again, and then goes up to the 4th or 5th fret, and so on. Moves too fast for me and my poor ear... I know that the bridge/solo is 9 measures long....lol I believe it is the same line repeated twice, but the second time through he holds the last chord for an extra measure, before going back to the verse.

In this video, from about 2:40 to about 3:09 is the section.

After that it goes back to the verse and chorus...

Really enjoying this one... :)

Thanks for your input and direction!

Jason

sbutler

Thu May 16, 2013 12:19 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Ness:

Well, with your help, I have the entire song laid out in a chord chart. I would post it, but not sure if that is o.k.

The only part that I don't have yet, is the bridge/solo.... It looks like he is making a little run based on an Em or G, and then he slides all the way up to the 8th fret (7th relative to the capo), I think. Then he comes back down to the run again, and then goes up to the 4th or 5th fret, and so on. Moves too fast for me and my poor ear... I know that the bridge/solo is 9 measures long....lol I believe it is the same line repeated twice, but the second time through he holds the last chord for an extra measure, before going back to the verse.

In this video, from about 2:40 to about 3:09 is the section.

After that it goes back to the verse and chorus...

Really enjoying this one... :)

Thanks for your input and direction!

Jason
come on jason, don't be stingy. Let er rip! Lets see it. and oh by the way, I may have been a little premature with the guitar thing. 30 seconds of guitar = 3 hours of :ohmy:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic