DRUM MACHINES

buddy

Thu May 16, 2013 2:11 pm

I have been getting further and further drawn into the music vortex, so I decided to get this new-fangled drum machine to play along with and to use for gigs. I went down to the barn this morning and played around with it and I am finding it to be a great little music tool that is also a lot of fun. I still have a lot to learn on it but I wanted to record something with it so here is a link to what I did with it so far. The song is Time by Hootie and the Blowfish. Let me know what you all think of this gadget.

Bud

willem

Thu May 16, 2013 2:26 pm

What I think,,well you got your self a drummer,,I liked the song in this way,,acoustic etc..

Buddy,,if you are searching for tools to use for your performence I think a loopstation is nice...too

Willem

daryl

Thu May 16, 2013 2:30 pm

Be careful, the vortex is VERY strong. What DAW do you use?

I thought your playing was very good, and your singing too. I thought the drums added to the track but needed some fills and/or a change of beat. I also thought you could have done more with a "stereo" sound (I could give you some of my tricks if your interested).

Have fun. May the vortex be with you!

tombo1230

Thu May 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi Buddy,
this is a lot more interesting than a metronome but does just as good a job. Like Daryl said some more fills would mean it would then sound really cool, like a real drummer.
Keeping in time with someone or an artificial someone in this case is great for your over all in a band experience. This can only be good for your musicianship.

What exactly did you buy in terms of hardware/software?

Tom N.

dennisg

Thu May 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Do tell, Buddy. What's the model of the drum machine?

buddy

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:32 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Buddy,
this is a lot more interesting than a metronome but does just as good a job. Like Daryl said some more fills would mean it would then sound really cool, like a real drummer.
Keeping in time with someone or an artificial someone in this case is great for your over all in a band experience. This can only be good for your musicianship.

Tom N.
Howdy Tom, I bought the Alesis Sr-16 drum machine. Pretty simple to use and to set-up.

Bud

buddy

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:33 pm

dennisg wrote:
Do tell, Buddy. What's the model of the drum machine?
Hi Dennis, I got the Alesis Sr-16.

thereshopeyet

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Budd that looks like quite a good Drum Machine.

I came across this two part video manual......

:)

tombo1230

Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:33 pm

buddy wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Buddy,

Tom N.
Howdy Tom, I bought the Alesis Sr-16 drum machine. Pretty simple to use and to set-up.

Bud
Hi Bud,
Seems like a very versatile piece of kit. Pretty neat.

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic