What are your weak and your strong points in your guitarplaying?

thereshopeyet

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Vanessa Wrote:
You know what, if you upload a video for review
That's very generous of you Vanessa !

Now I'm under pressure. :blush: :S

:)

willem

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:34 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa Wrote:
You know what, if you upload a video for review
That's very generous of you Vanessa !

Now I'm under pressure. :blush: :S

:)

Hope is where tomorrow is :woohoo: B)

Willem

thereshopeyet

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Willem Wrote:
Hope is where tomorrow is
Tomorrow never comes..... so Hope is always there.... !!!

:laugh: :laugh:

lueders

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:42 am

Here we go...

STRENGTHS:

NOT AFRAID TO FAIL

TIMING - there's a 75 % chance of me playing a tune with good timing but there is only a 50 percent chance of that lol
No, seriously if it is a standard 4/4 type thing & I am as familiar with the tune as should be...i.e I have it well worked out USUALLY I am OK there
FOCUS

(Can be good occasionally...tends to be best when I am in the mental space between slap happy & about half pissed off...you've seen my uploads you ALL know...I'm a BIG goof about 23-7 lol )

PROFICIENT WITH EVEN ALTERNATING PICKING
RESPECTABLE-EXTENSIVE CHORD VOCABULARY
BARRE CHORDS
PROFICIENT @ PALM MUTING
VASTLY IMPROVING UNISON BENDS
GUITAR FRIENDLY KEYS AND MUSICAL ALPHABET

KNOWLEDGE OF NOTES ON FRETBOARD BY IDENTIFICATION up to 15th fret... I might have to do the old let's see that's an A so that makes this an A#/Bflat but too much anymore

I KNOW THE NOTES IN 1st POSITION AND HOW THEY APPEAR ON A MUSICAL STAFF...that's where my notation knowledge begins and ends

WEAKNESSES...uh oh, here we go...

Not afraid to fail, (need to be better prepared at times) TIMING:(inconsistent) Changing time signatures back and forth within a tune give me fits!
Cross picking-inconsistent...Hybrid picking-complete Joke!...If someone at open mic said: "play something with a "Latin beat or feel" I would be lost
I know the difference between straight eighths and swinging eighths but when I get past 16ths...and really rapid strums I tend to lose my place in the measures...well, I can anyway but I really do then...SINGING: I see some of u mentioned that...geez do I even need to say anything? Lol!
Fingerpicking has gotten better too...but I'm still no Michelle or Jay.

michelew

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:13 am

Hey Cori, thanks for being so sweet. Swings and round-abouts man; you've got so many fine guitar skills that i'm envious of. Actually, i reckon you've definitely got me beat when it comes to the sum of your guitar skills across the board guitar. I'm betting you can play a repertoire off the top of your head too; I definitely need to work more on that.

i also think that singing is a confidence thing at least in part. Besides, you've got the golden voiced Krista to sing for you. :)

While we've all got differences, I've noticed lots of similarities in the things people have identified. Interesting.

M

wiley

Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:46 pm

lueders

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:33 pm

michelew wrote:
[quote) you've got so many fine guitar skills that i'm envious of. Actually, i reckon you've definitely got me beat when it comes to the sum of your guitar skills across the board guitar. I'm betting you can play a repertoire off the top of your head too; I definitely need to work more on that.
M[/quote]

I have to disagree with da A.T.B. comment...too much credit...a repertoire I suppose on simple stuff or one's Ive played a gazillion times...but it ain't too awful large of a rep..they leave my memory banks quicker than I would like...

P.S. Wiley you're entertaining!!

Music Junkie

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:34 am

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

;) ;) :P :P !!

wiley wrote:
You sly devil you....digging around for pointers for the IGC are we??

Weak -
Never seem to find the time to practice, not like I need too.
And believe me, I need too - you'll find out soon enough how badly I need to!

Tend to wander off..........

Now, where was I?

Oh yea, weak spots.......

Tend to get bored and redirect during the mid.....

Did I mention I tend to wander around sometimes??

Strengths -

I got a nice new (to me) Tacoma EK36C, and a nice Gibson, and a Seaguull I like to fart with

Hmmm... need to change strings on a couple of those, now where the heck did I put those new DoyleDyke strings i just bought.....

Oh yea, I'm pretty good at things like changing strings and tweaking things like neck relief and figuring out just how low I can scoot a bridge....

Now, what was the question again??

I need to buy a new nut for the Seagull, the blasted B string ( I hate that bloddy string) is not right in the saddle, tends to bind and then go POP when I tune.... should have never let that guy put thyat super glue in there o raise the notch back up after he lowered it too much.....

And I'm trying, slowly, to build my own tube amp. Funny, like I aint got enough crap laying around here to finish....I did get a deal on a chassis and a cabinet for the head! Now all I gotta do is remeber how to polarize a capacitor thingy (before soldering it in place!!!)

Now, where did I put those measurements for the plywood for the calendar wall in the studio?? I was going to do that today, or tommorrow, or yesterday or....

Nah, too hot out there, where's those strings anyways?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic