Playing just for fun - poll attached

michelew

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:42 pm

Yep I'm polling today. I've got a rotten cold and I'm home from work under a blanket lying on the lounge. TG is keeping me company. Here's another question for you (yes me with time on my hands and a charging iPad means more TG threads).

When you pick up your guitar, how often are you playing just for fun; at home by yourself, playing with others, whatever, just for fun? That's time where you're not working on a song per se or practicing, you're playing because you enjoy it and you want to sing or to just enjoy the sounds and the feeling you get.

Poll attached.

Shel (the curious)

TGNesh

Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:20 am

Yeah, TG can be great company! ;) Sorry to hear you're having an annoying cold though :( , but yeah I always love your threads. :)

Well i voted for more than 50% of my time. I actually wanted to say 75% or even 90%, but nowadays I find myself working a lot on teaching stuff instead (as in figuring out songs etc.). So I play a lot workwise too. However, I do still play a lot for fun as well, but maybe not as often as before for the reason mentioned above.

:)

daryl

Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:59 am

I voted >90% as no matter what I'm doing on the guitar, it's ALWAYS for fun.

michelew

Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:47 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Yeah, TG can be great company! ;) Sorry to hear you're having an annoying cold though :( , but yeah I always love your threads. :)

Well i voted for more than 50% of my time. I actually wanted to say 75% or even 90%, but nowadays I find myself working a lot on teaching stuff instead (as in figuring out songs etc.). So I play a lot workwise too. However, I do still play a lot for fun as well, but maybe not as often as before for the reason mentioned above.

:)
Thanks Ness.

Hopefully it's work that you also enjoy. i do know that more work of this kind for you, means more fun for us, sort of like a fun transplant, except if course it then gets multiplied too. Owwwww... My brain's suddenly conjuring up images of multiple Nesses. What does it all mean? ... Perhaps Pierre will give us all a cosmic interpretation later. :)

michelew

Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:48 am

daryl wrote:
Always fun, of course! :) :) :)

Music Junkie

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:39 am

Voted 90%, as, once again, it goes along with the wandering aimlessly question..... :laugh: That being said, oh what fun it is....

Jason

P.S., hope you feel better soon Shel...

willem

Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:07 pm

Hatsjooooe,,it must only be fun,,,when I feel rotten I don't play or practice,,

Be well Michele..

Willem

BobR

Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:01 pm

Very good point Daryl!!

daryl wrote:

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:51 pm

What Daryl said.

It never occurred to me that doing anything on the guitar could be anything but fun.

Hope you've got some whisky and hot milk for that cold :-). Here we are finally moving into 30C weather after 9 months of snow, cold wet and grey skies so I will tank some sun for you tomorrow :-)

BobR

Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Since I'll definitely never get paid :P I vote >90%

It's always fun :) :) :)

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic