Why do you post videos? - poll attached

michelew

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:49 pm

dennisg wrote:
I'm with Daryl on this: if it weren't for the busking threads and open-mic nights, I'd have more trouble learning songs all the way through and then retaining them. But having a specific plan for a song is strong motivation to whip it into shape. I think that if it weren't for the busking threads, I'd never record myself; but I'm glad I do, if for no other reason than to have a digital scrapbook of my accomplishments.

And I would never discount the fact that it just feels good to have other people appreciate my hard work and passion.
The reasons I post do change. Sometimes it's just for fun, sometimes it's for advice, but the main reason is to force myself to learn the song all the way through well enough that I can play it and record it. And of course to share my progress.

Thanks for responding everyone.

Shel

Hydroman52

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:17 am

Hi Michele,

I answered Other. I get a lot of musical information and ideas from the Internet. Some comes from seasoned professionals, but most comes from ordinary people like myself. I appreciate all those who post to this data pool and feel the need to contribute, too. I believe there are many others just like me who are cruising the Internet in search of new ideas, and it's nice to have a large variety and many choices. It's good to get the feedback and "attaboys", but the real feeling of accomplishment is in giving back.

Hydroman52

michelew

Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:15 am

Thanks for your response. I love your uploads. I can honestly say that you and Bassman Jerry inspire me with each and every one of them. Jerry's bass playing contributed to me getting my bass and continues to inspire me to learn the beast. In short, you're both giving back with each and every post.

Thanks

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic