Guitar stand question

michelew

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:11 am

haoli25 wrote:
michelew wrote:

I've just finished mopping up the lake that creeps in from outside when it rains. It has made it all the way across the room to the door ... My guitars just stood on their stands watching... They don't seem to mind. It never seems to bother them enough to get on the end of the mop themselves...or run screaming from the room. ... Perhaps because it's not flowing in their direction. Well except for Larrivee who's currently living in the lounge room.

...I'm thinking their "whatever" attitude might become a problem...

Thanks for the grin, Shel. I'm getting a "Toy Story" image and I can see your guitars wagering on the depth of the water while you are not looking. :) :laugh: :)

Bill

I bet you're right. I'm sure they get up to all sorts of mischief while I'm not around. :)

Can't sleep. - the thought "must get a hygrometer tomorrow" accompanied by string, bassoon, oboe ...well the whole orchestra playing the little piece in this clip was running around my head.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=jSTWy25h ... STWy25hRiI

Oh...the nylon has joined the steel string in the lounge room.

I'm currently playing Tracey to chase it out.

michelew

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:17 am

fjeanmur wrote:
Yeah, Michelle, we have lots of humidity right now. It poured and thundered last night and is threatening again now. I don't want to get crazy, but I tend to be the cautious type. How long have you had your instruments that they look on unconcerned?

Jean

How long have I had them? Different periods of time...the longest three and a half years maybe. How long has there been a lake?... Hmmm I've lost track but it must be more than a year. There's an insurance defects claim on the building. When it will be fixed?.... Still guessing.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi Jean, i bought my daughter a Seagull too and I play it more than she does! But I did get her a stand to leave the guitar standing around in the hope she will pick it up now and then...

These are crap...

and these are great..

and these are good too...

Chris

willem

Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:12 pm

I have these..easy to take with you too.. Image

fjeanmur

Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi Chris,

Glad you enjoy the Seagull too!

What's the difference among the stands? Why are two great and the other not? I only bought it yesterday. I could always return it to Guitar Center and then order something from Amazon. Prime will get it to me in two days with free shipping.

Jean

suziko

Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Just want to say that I have the stand that Chris says is crap, and I personally think it's fine. It may not be as sturdy as the others but it certainly serves its purpose. I've had it for about 4 or 5 years and it's done what it needs to do: held my guitar when I got up and needed to put it down. Then again, as I mentioned before, I don't store my guitar all the time on it, so maybe I'd feel differently if I did.

For the record, Chris, no offense taken!! Just wanted to put in my 2 cents about this "crap" stand. :)

Suzi

Music Junkie

Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:32 pm

I know that stands are being discussed here, but if you do have wall space, these work great. I have six of them in use right now, and it keeps the guitars up out of the reach of my Great Dane... :woohoo:

http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GSP38WB.html

Jason

TGNesh

Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:01 pm

Haha! :laugh: Well I have at least 8 of those crappy stands as well. All my guitars are on those, always. They're all to the left and right of my desk, they work just fine for me! ;)

thereshopeyet

Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks.

dennisg

Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:29 pm

If you absolutely must put a guitar on a stand, I would only buy a Hercules. It's the brand of stand you generally see on stage with pro musicians, and that's because they're incredibly durable and solid, and made with excellent materials. I've got a Hercules 5-guitar stand on which I put my guitars in their cases. I had originally bought another brand -- yes, in order to save a little money -- but it was poorly made, wobbled, and I had a nauseating sense that my guitars weren't safe on it. The Hercules, on the other hand, is perfect. I should have bought it in the first place.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic