Songbook App

jimmybcool

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:33 pm

Hi all,

Digging the site. Only a 2 songs a month subscriber but that seems to be a pace faster than I can master the songs anyway. B)

I have an app called Songbook on my iPad. I am trying to figure out if the gpx and gp5 files are compatible with this. If not, could you explain what they are for?

Thanks. I am willing to read a link if this has been discussed before.

Thanks

Jim

familyman4

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:45 pm

Hello Jimmybcool. Welcome to the TG site. I do not know the answer to your question for sure but you should click on the "Recmmended Products" tab over on the left side of this page. It has all the information available for the "guitar pro" program. (That is what those files are) There might also be a way to ask the guitar pro company the question from a link once it's open?

Good luck and again, Welcome!

Bart

Music Junkie

Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:51 pm

Jim:

The gp5 and gpx files are for Guitar Pro 5 and Guitar Pro 6, respectively. Great Tab program that you can use to read these files and also create your own if you choose to do so. You might be better off with the PDF files. They may or may not open in your app. You would have to check that app for compatibility. I am not familiar with it, so I do not know it's file types.

Hope that answers your question... ;)

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:08 am

... and you can use the GP Pro 5 file in the free Tux Guitar programme... works well and is gratis!

tombo1230

Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:47 am

jimmybcool wrote:
Hi all,

Digging the site. Only a 2 songs a month subscriber but that seems to be a pace faster than I can master the songs anyway. B)

I have an app called Songbook on my iPad. I am trying to figure out if the gpx and gp5 files are compatible with this. If not, could you explain what they are for?

Thanks. I am willing to read a link if this has been discussed before.

Thanks

Jim
Hi Jimmybcool,
Songbook is a section of guitar Pro where you can purchase Tabs. The tabs that you purchase there you can print out, but cleverly you can't save them or export them or give them to anyone else.
The files that are on this site GP5 and GPX files will play in the normal GPro software, so it is a matter of whether your app version will play the guitar Pro files as well as your locked in ones. The way to find out is to download one and double click it to see if it opens, or open your software and see if it has a file open function. It may only work on Songbook purchased files though. I am sure there is an app available that plays GPro files for IPad, it is a cut down version of the full program. http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php? ... /interface

Hope this helps.

Tom N.

jimmybcool

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks for all the replies. I will experiment and read the recommended products section. It seems that Songbook
does not open these files. They use chordpro files. Doesn't matter. The PDF are fine and print out well.

Now if only my fingers mastered this stuff faster :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic