N+1 - dream a little dream

michelew

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Haha! Well maybe I should decline the 'gift' too. :) who needs to have a recurring bout of terrible GAS right?! :)

michelew

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Shel:

Can you get your boss to upload the rest of the "work" behind his answer of N+1? I would really need some help with that justification.. My wife is truly a wonderful human being, but she would flat kill me if another guitar came into the house..... :woohoo:

That being said, I am feeling pretty darn content right now. The recent addition of the Taylor 556e (12 string - mahogany back and sides with spruce top - no cut-away - onboard Taylor expression system) was bliss.... :)

But.......

Jason
I've looked at that same guitar with curiosity. I've actually seen it on EBay (sorry Dermot) a couple of times. But the world if 12 -strings is one I'm resisting ... For the moment. :) I have enough stringed instruments to become proficient at. :)

It looks beautiful, how about showing it off. :) I'd love to hear how it sounds.

Shel

michelew

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:46 pm

tgvanessa wrote:
Haha, is it thát time again???! :laugh: :laugh: :P

And yeah, I'm quite in love with my new nylon stringed hybrid guitar! :woohoo: Thanks to Robb Mazzoli!!! :cheer: (in this week's lesson I'll play it of course! B) )

So I'm content enough for now! :)

However, thát steelstring (your link), GOSH now thát's a BEAUTY!! Don't make me fancy anóther guitar Shel!!!!! :ohmy:

Oh well.....we'll see! ;)
Your guitar sounds beautiful and I'm so glad to see it in your hands. I can't hear enough Jason Mraz songs from you. Such a guitar couldn't be in more capable hands.

Sorry about the cedar/mahogany. :) oops! That's the problem with guitars, there's always another beautiful combination of woods, body shape, string type and general configuration that would be great to play. :)

Besides... My visit to the Taylor's for auction was mostly your fault :P :P But I'm happy to enjoy the Mraz style guitar through your gorgeous playing. Though... It would be nice to have a nylon with 14 frets to the body and/or a cut away and a thinner neck. I'm currently playing Beautiful Mess on my steel-string because its impossible (once capoed up) on my classical. The sound is nice, but not as sweet.

michelew

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:50 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
:ohmy:
Hey Dermot. I read several versions of your responses. Sorry to make you cross mate. It was really just intended as a frivilous journey into guitar dreams and to test the GAS temperature of the community at the moment.

I mostly go to that auction site to look for establish Aussie native orchids on offer from garden enthusiasts like me. Though... While I'm there I often tease myself with the pretties. :)

M

michelew

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:56 pm

The response to this thread is a little low; perhaps:

- your guitar dreams haven't changed since the last time I asked, which was fairly recently - hmmm I think that's the case for me too. :)
- you now have the guitar you were lusting after
- or you've all be avoiding beans. :P and TG's GAS is a thing of the past
- you're getting on with the playing thing. :)
- some combo of the above.

Thanks Dermot, Ness, Jason, Wiley and Mark for your responses. I promise not to ask this in the too near future. :) But, do jump on and tell us about any exciting new guitar that you've acquired. Wiley a demo from you when you're ready would be cool too.

Thanks

Shel

thereshopeyet

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:05 pm

Michelle

I'm not cross about anything.... I noticed that I'd double posted.... so removed it and reposted....... :ohmy:

My initial post was in jest - was a touch long (over edited) and taking up much space ..... .... :S

Sorry to confuse you.

Dermot

michelew

Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:13 am

wiley wrote:
My latest, the Tacoma EK36C is way beyond my abilities, for now so I'm more than happy - as soon as I get it 'wired' up!

Next would be something along the lines of this Lowden. We were lucky enough to have a bit of time before Muriel's concert so Jason (thanks again for the rides), Rick(Bear), Tom N. and myself made a trek to Sylvan in SantaCruz to check out the stock of SCGC's there.

In the back room we got to goof on many SantaCruz's, a Collings, some others and in one corner Tom and I found and played on a Lowden Fan Fret like the one in the video. After seeing Muriel's new Ed Claxton Fan Fret my interest was peeked and all I can say is - Thank you to all of the luthiers now making the fan fret design popular. It does look a bit off, but Tom and I agreed it was easy enough to adapt to and most likely if we were beginners it would be easy (easier) to start with. The ergonomics is a sure fit, just think along the lines of how your hand (wrist really) twist as you move up and down the neck whilst playing and it becomes obvious.

As for the 'String Theory' - well, Dan (Wrench) you have a new assignment my friend!!

Sustain?? You can't get the thing to shut up!!

So, add a built in 'arm rest' and there is my 'dream' acoustic!!

http://www.acousticguitar.com/How-To/Ge ... ret-Design

http://www.georgelowden.com/page1/page49/fanfret.html
Gosh Wiley! Those fan fret guitars sure look interesting. Though....even though it hear you on the ergonomics, I assume there's a whole lot of relearning and adjusting muscle memory to adjust to fan fret guitars. Still, perhaps it is the future. Interesting.

M

wiley

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:50 am

thereshopeyet

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Excellent Vocal range....... :woohoo: :woohoo:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic