N+1 - dream a little dream

michelew

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:05 am

Yes it's that time again. :) ;) :) :P

You're walking down the beach and find a strange looking flute. Not being a germ-a-phobe or of your right mind, you blow it. A genie materialises and says "thank the goddess I'm out of that squeezey thing, for coming to my rescue and since you're obviously a musical-type I'll grant you the guitar of your choice.

So... What's your fancy? What's missing from your collection?

OK - I was looking at EBay and decided to have a squiz at Taylors. I'm not looking for a new guitar, I really don't think I'm playing what I have enough to justify buying another. But it doesn't hurt to dream right? My boss who's a cyclist says that the perfect number of bikes for a household is N+1. N equals the number of bikes you have in the house right now. Well it works for whatever your passion is.

At some point I'd quite like one of the following:

- a nylon string with a cut away, electronics and 14 frets to the body, 1 7/8 " neck, a nice Taylor nylon series preferably rosewood and cedar would be very nice. A Jason Mraz -type model - :) Ness - I'm dead envious. :)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ ... 2011-model

- a redwood or cedar top and mahogany body fingerpicker, steel-string, a cutaway and electronics - a Taylor GA or maybe even a GS series would be great.

http://www.taylorguitars.com/sites/defa ... -large.jpg

So if one of these turns up on EBay at a ridiculously cheap price, well I'm sure I'll be lusting and counting my pennies.... Or I could just keep scouring the beach for a magic flute with a genie inside. :) .... Kaaaaaylee here girl let's go for a walk on the beach sweetie. :)

So what's your fancy? Oh and being a woman with great insight, I predict that Chas will say Blackie. :)

Shel

PS - if you feel like you're read this thread before... Well I think my brain has cannibalised several different threads I've started previously...so you probably have. :) but I figure it's always fun to talk guitar dreams and our desires do change over time. :) :) :)

thereshopeyet

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:22 am

Michelle

Ah, I just saw Vanessa's new Nylon string Taylor.... do you think she bumped int a Genie !

:ohmy:

Music Junkie

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:13 am

Shel:

Can you get your boss to upload the rest of the "work" behind his answer of N+1? I would really need some help with that justification.. My wife is truly a wonderful human being, but she would flat kill me if another guitar came into the house..... :woohoo:

That being said, I am feeling pretty darn content right now. The recent addition of the Taylor 556e (12 string - mahogany back and sides with spruce top - no cut-away - onboard Taylor expression system) was bliss.... :)

But.......

Jason

thereshopeyet

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:32 am

:ohmy:

TGNesh

Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:52 am

Haha, is it thát time again???! :laugh: :laugh: :P

And yeah, I'm quite in love with my new nylon stringed hybrid guitar! :woohoo: Thanks to Robb Mazzoli!!! :cheer: (in this week's lesson I'll play it of course! B) )

So I'm content enough for now! :)

However, thát steelstring (your link), GOSH now thát's a BEAUTY!! Don't make me fancy anóther guitar Shel!!!!! :ohmy:

Oh well.....we'll see! ;)

MarkM

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:49 pm

I think right now I'd ask for some peace of mind..... second to that maybe some talent.

I just got rid of one guitar but could seriously justify a few more. I wouldn't mind taking Jason's new toy for a spin. However I've got my eye on a nice little tele.

You know.... I think I'd just be happy walking on the beach. I'll hand you the bottle.

MarkM

Music Junkie

Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:42 pm

MarkM wrote:
I think right now I'd ask for some peace of mind..... second to that maybe some talent.

I just got rid of one guitar but could seriously justify a few more. I wouldn't mind taking Jason's new toy for a spin. However I've got my eye on a nice little tele.

You know.... I think I'd just be happy walking on the beach. I'll hand you the bottle.

MarkM
Mark:

If you don't mind playing upside down, you can hang out at the beach and test drive away... I'll gladly take the bottle.... ;)

J

wiley

Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Music Junkie

Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Wiley:

That was a beauty. The price tags on some of those guitars was enough to make me stick my tail between my legs though.... :P I was fortunate that they were all righties.... :)

J

MarkM

Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
MarkM wrote:

MarkM
Mark:

If you don't mind playing upside down, you can hang out at the beach and test drive away... I'll gladly take the bottle.... ;)

J

Better yet I'll take the bottle and you play...............

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic