TG delivers on it's promises! Thank you Neil! Thank you Nessa! Thanks tech wizards and Matt!

michelew

Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:06 am

As the year draws to a close, I've been looking back at many lessons I've started this year so I can start thinking about the ones I'll focus on on my time off. It's a looooooong list... B)

HOOOOO WEEEEEEEE! The pace of the lessons being pumped out here is staggering. No wonder I haven't finished anything for a while. :) I keep getting distracted by the next shiny option. But I'm determined to get more disciplined.

Neil overwhelmed me with his lesson choices looooong ago and I've long given up even looking at all of them now. I'm generally choosing the ones that really grab me at the moment. My lose I'm sure. I know there is enormous value and fun in ALL of them, but I only have so much time.

I thought I could keep up a little better with Nessa,... Ha!!!!! She's a smokin' lesson machine too!!! 23 lessons in a little over 6 months (hopefully I haven't missed any, maybe it's more); and that includes a week of camp! I find this especially AMAZING as I know that Nessa had never even played a big percentage of these before, in part because many are fairly recent artists. Awesome! The list follows (a little out of sequence, mostly grouped by artist):

TGVanessa's lessons

- Running in empty - Jackson Browne
- Broken - Jake Bugg
- Mother - Pink Floyd
- Try to Find Me - Graham Nash
- Little Song - Sarah Jarosz
- Edge of a Dream - Sarah Jarosz
- Run Away - Sarah Jarosz
- Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
- Your Rocky Spine - Great Lake Swimmers
- Annan Water - Decemberists
- The Hazards of Love 4 - Decemberists
- Down by the Water - Decemberists
- June Hymn - Decemberists
- Baby Can I Hold You - Tracy Chapman
- For You - Tracy Chapman
- Give Me One Reason - Tracy Chapman
- Please Don't say you love me - Gabrielle Aplin
- A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
- Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri
- If it Kills me - Jason Mraz
- Love for a child - Jason Mraz
- Beautiful Mess - Jason Mraz
- Someone Like You - Adele

Damn! And every one of them has tempted me. I've stared learning almost all of them. Believe me it would be all if I had more time. Fantastic!

Neil and Matt you initially promised us.... I think about ...2 or 3 lessons a month... Yep I think you've met that one, especially when you look at the variety of things you bring us now :) :) :) :). You promised that Nessa would give us some piano songs converted for the guitar, some fresh new artist and more women artists too. Tick, tick, tick and all at the high standard that you yourself laid down the blue print for Neil. Amazing!

I have a suggestion to celebrate TGNessa's more than six-month anniversary as a TG teacher. How about changing the photo on the song parts screen for Nessa's lessons to either one of you and her together (perhaps from the TG news you did for camp or another from camp) and/or one by herself in TG-Teacher-mode. That would be way cool. [Insert Mexican wave emoticons here] :) :kiss: B) :silly:

It's been a great year of choice. Doug has been a great addition too. Who knows what next year holds? A huge THANKS to the whole TG team! I LOVE your work. I hope you all get a chance for a little rest and relaxation with loved ones before the 2014 year kicks off and you're all doing your magic at a cracking pace again.

Shel

haoli25

Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:30 am

I could not agree more, Shel. The TG team are amazing! The lessons are the best and we are very lucky. All the best in 2014 to Neil, Nessa, Matt, Doug, and the mice in the basement that make it all work. :) :) :)

Bill

TGNesh

Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:51 am

A quick note (I'll get back later! :) )

Yesterday, TG's 1000th Acoustic Lesson went up (I had the 999th :P ), a milestone if you ask me!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

michelew

Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:06 am

TGVanessa wrote:
A quick note (I'll get back later! :) )

Yesterday, TG's 1000th Acoustic Lesson went up (I had the 999th :P ), a milestone if you ask me!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

OMG! WOW! That's an ENORMOUS milestone and just shows how hard the whole TG Team, especially Neil of course, has been working. It also shows how well Neil's approach works. There'd be no point making 1000 lessons if no one found them useful.

CONGTATULATIONS Team TG!

999th :) :) :) - if only you'd been a little slower. ;) B) :) :P haha!

familyman4

Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:25 am

Diddo on all that Michele had to say. I truely appreciate this site so much! Even tho time is so ahrd to come by these days, I still do a quick check in almost everyday just to see what's new and exciting. The song choices are amazing!

Thanks for all you do!
Bart

sbutler

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:56 pm

I second everything Michele said. For those of us who had a desire to learn how to play this wonderful instrument called a Guitar, this has been the greatest gift anyone could give us.

Its been said many times before, but just because someone can do the thing you want to learn, doesn't mean they can teach it. That is a special gift. We here on this site are so lucky to have the people within this site, on our side and in our corner.

Neil, thanks a million for your special way of helping us learn. I'm much better because of all that you do. And Vanessa, well , your proving that you have the same gift as Neil.

I hope all here have a wonderfully special holiday season. Thanks Michele for prompting me to spit that out.

Scott

TGNesh

Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Gosh, it was about time that I got back here! :S

Wat a sweet thread Shel! :kiss: And wow, looking at this list of songs that I did, it's nice to see it listed actually. Except for 'Baby can I hold you', credits to Neil for that one! :P

But yeah, it's true, quite a few songs on there which were totally new to me, or not worked out at all, so yeah TG keeps me busy enough! ;) It keeps me growing as well, as a teacher and musician. I learn a lot, I really love that and it's challenging, I like that too! ;) So it's been quite a year if you ask me :cheer: . Highlight was obviously camp and meeting Neil and all the other TG-ers, too cool!!!!! :woohoo:

Thanks so much for the sentiments and appreciation Shel and thanks guys, Bill, Bart and Scott (my Buddy :kiss: :) ), loved to read your comments as well!!

I sure hope to continue contributing to this amazing website that I so strongly believe in, it's still a great honor to me be part of it.

Lets see what 2014 will bring! :cheer:

TGNessa B)

willem

Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Of course ditto,,thank you,thank you,,

Willem

michelew

Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:44 pm

TGVanessa wrote:

... And wow, looking at this list of songs that I did, it's nice to see it listed actually. Except for 'Baby can I hold you', credits to Neil for that one! :P

TGNessa B)
Oops! Sorry Neil I got a little over enthusiastic on that one. Another great song.

Now listing all of the Neil's song this year. Ha! That would take a while. :) and lots of very cool lessons there. I particularly liked the Nick Drake stuff, Lee shore and the Sarah Mc stuff (Gosh...was that this year,...I've lost track). Thanks Neil!

fjeanmur

Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:57 am

Happy holidays to everyone as well!

My time at TG has been a great for me too. Like Michelle, I can't keep up with all that's generated each week. Neil and Vanessa just put out so many wonderful things. With about four weeks of group lessons that I had as a kid, Neil and Vanessa have become the teachers I never had. They both offer so much with each song. The Forum as well has been helpful with any questions I've had. I don't post often, but everyone has been there to answer my questions.

So happy holidays, folks, and let's look foward to some great guitar playing in the new year!

Jean

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic