Guitar Pro 6 Problem.

radiantmoon

Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:58 am

I am not sure if this is the right section to put this but I am having trouble entering a particular section of music into guitar pro 6 which I have attached an image of.

It is a triplet but the first not seems to be a quarter note attached to the same stem as an eighth note. Is there a specific terminology for grouping triplets like this?

I am confused how to enter this into guitar pro and also how a first note of an eighth note triplet can be a quarter note.

Any help would be kindly appreciated. B) Image

AndyT

Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:41 am

Guitar Pro won't handle that. I've tried many times with different methods. IF it will, then it's going to be a special something to get it done.

It is a quarter note that's played at the same time as you begin the triplet. It continues to ring while you play the triplet. In this case, it's used as a bass note underlying the treble triplet which is likely the melody.

daryl

Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:47 am

I don't know GP but could you enter the 2nd triplet as F# F# A with the D quarter note as the bass and THEN edit the 1st F# of the triplet and make it a "rest" note?

mark

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:00 am

This can be done in guitar pro by using voices.
Near the bottom of the score there are a series of numbers 1,2,3 etc
These relate to the voices. By selecting a voice you can enter notes of different lengths.

For this example you would have a voice for the bass notes (all quarter notes) and a second voice for the treble notes (triplets).

If I was enetering this in guitar pro I wouldn't bother with voices and I would enter the bass notes as triplets.

AndyT

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:02 am

As far as I've been able to tell, GP only allows one type of note per 'space' So if you enter a quarter note, they all have to be quarter notes.

The only way I can think of around this is to use multiple voices in GP as if you were using different instruments. If you do, then be sure and set your view settings to all voices or one or the other will be grayed out.

willem

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:49 am

mark wrote:
This can be done in guitar pro by using voices.
Near the bottom of the score there are a series of numbers 1,2,3 etc
These relate to the voices. By selecting a voice you can enter notes of different lengths.

For this example you would have a voice for the bass notes (all quarter notes) and a second voice for the treble notes (triplets).

If I was enetering this in guitar pro I wouldn't bother with voices and I would enter the bass notes as triplets.

You're absolute right Mark,,it can be done..

Maybe search on youtube for explaning this ,,maybe search for (writing voices in guitar pro)

W.

Music Junkie

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:55 am

Mark is spot on with his answer. You can enter the treble notes in one voice and then the bass notes in another voice. Only one voice will show boldly at a time, but right down there in the same spot is a merge button. That will bring both to the forefront and should give you the view you want.. I don't have GP with me now, as I am at work. I would give you a screenshot. If you still have this problem this evening, I can go ahead and get a screenshot up for you.

Jason

willem

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:54 am

VOICES IN GPro Image

Music Junkie

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:37 pm

That's it, thanks Willem.

The button to the far right is the merge button. I was doing a TAB for "My Opening Farewell" a while back and was having a hard time. I went to the GP Forums and a cool member pointed it out to me. Works pretty well, and it makes it easier.

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic