I Will Never Change The Channel For...

unclewalt

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:49 am

plantman

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:04 am

Ahh, Chicago
'25 or 6 to 4' is great, the entire Silver album is great, but I get I won't get out of the car for Chicago's 'I'm a Man' - especially when you get past the drum solo!. Add Thin Lizzy's 'Boys are Back in Town' to my list.
Chan

sbutler

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:49 am

There are so many, I honestly don't know how ya'll can pick just five. But, and its a BIG BUT, now that I have a Beautiful Grand Baby Girl, I found myself setting in the truck today, listening to Pride and Joy, SRV.

We don't have a lesson on it, and I don't think the chords are that tough, but I just haven't been able to add the shuffle and some of the other techniques. Maybe someday!

SCott

thereshopeyet

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:08 pm

Gosh

Thanks Neil !

I that's got to be more than a coincidence. :woohoo:
I purchased Guess Who Greatest Hits recently and it came with a download. :dry:

:ohmy:

Guess Who - Greatest Hits

thereshopeyet

Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:07 pm

cosmicmechanic

Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:53 am

A true story ... about a tune I heard on the day that I had just finished a 12-year adult education experience.

Yes, that means attending evening courses and accomplishing whatever is necessary to succeed, while working a day job and trying to have a life.

So ... one early April afternoon I finally found myself presenting my Master's degree dissertation, and got the best reception possible ... DONE !! :)

I still had some hours to do at work that day ... drove there and a magical parking space appeared just near the building's entrance, miraculous !

So I parked and turned off the ignition. But what was that split-second sound just before the radio went quiet ?
YESSSS !! I turned the radio back on and there it was: the very start of SCHOOOOOLS OUT FOREEEEVER !

I stayed in the car to experience Alice Cooper's "School's Out" (from beginning to end) in a CERTAINLY exceptional way.
Reclining my seat back-rest as much as possible, almost horizontal, I closed my eyes and put the volume up SO HIGH that the car was bouncing.
I peeked a bit and saw that passers-by were avoiding getting too close to the car ... my ears RANG for days.

Had I turned off the ignition a split-second earlier, I would have missed it ... SYNCHRONICITY !

For me, the real impact is in the studio version, but here is something more visual:

Pierre

willem

Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:19 am

volume up

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic