I Will Never Change The Channel For...

dekotaj

Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:21 am

TGNeil wrote:
Hey Daryl,

Great choice from a great album. As a matter of fact, one of my top historically has been Jessica, although it has usually been neck and neck with an earlier one of theirs that I really think has overtaken it in the last few years.

Hey Bill,

I think I did a lesson on Little Martha in Open D many years ago... yep, it's still here.

Neil
I think Jay was working on that one?? Great song Bill

I liked Daryl pick also. But heck you cant get to much of a good band.

(Neil) Jessica, although it has usually been neck and neck with an earlier one of theirs that I really think has overtaken it in the last few years.
What song are you thinking of Neil???

For me It has and always will be JELLY JELLY.

dekotaj

Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:32 am

But back to the thread.

I would think that one of you top five would have to be something by Al Stewart. I was think of year of the cat.But I'm not sure that one would make your top five???

Kevin

haoli25

Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:32 am

TGNeil wrote:
Hey Bill,

I think I did a lesson on Little Martha in Open D many years ago... yep, it's still here.

Neil

Neil,

That was pretty sneaky hiding that lesson under the 'Allman Brothers' category. :laugh: :laugh: Damn, I am becoming hard of thinking in my old age. Complete brain fart on my part. Now I'll go watch the lesson. (note to self; check the lesson listing more often) :) :silly: :)

Thanks

Bill

TGNeil

Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:41 am

dekotaj wrote:
But back to the thread.

I would think that one of you top five would have to be something by Al Stewart. I was think of year of the cat.But I'm not sure that one would make your top five???

Kevin
Kevin,

Yes, Year Of The Cat is one of the 5, even though I think Al has better songs, it fits the "hit" criteria. I guess this is also why I keep Jessica there as opposed to Dickey Betts' great instrumental In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed.

Neil

dekotaj

Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:55 am

TGNeil wrote:
dekotaj wrote:
But back to the thread.

it fits the "hit" criteria. I guess this is also why I keep Jessica there as opposed to Dickey Betts' great instrumental In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed.

Neil
That is a great one. Dickey with his red guitar.

I guess I missed the( hit criteria ) that dose make all the difference.

Kevin

TGNesh

Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:26 am

I will néver change the channel for: Pink Floyd's 'Comfortably Numb'.......In particular when the 'chorus' comes in (Gilmour singing), love the sound of that D-major chord coming in on beat one. I can just feel myself floating on air or water, whatever, grabs me completely....LOVE the instrumental melodylines and the accompanying keyboards in the background on top of Gilmour's voice, gets me every time. Edit: Oh, I almost forgot, also the harmony part coming in during the chorus.....simple, but só beautiful!

So yeah, that's my number 1! :)

Need to think about the other four though! :dry:

Ness

haoli25

Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:27 am

This morning its "Roads To Moscow". A simple strumming song but very cool lead guitar work throughout the song.

Bill

unclewalt

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:49 am

suziko

Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:05 pm

Fun topic, Neil! Year of the Cat might go on my list. Definitely an all-time fave.

But here goes. Subject to change in 10 minutes. :)

5 songs I never skip (when they come up on shuffle on my iPod):

1. Limelight by Rush
2. Going to California by Led Zeppelin
3. More than a Feeling by Boston
4. Space Oddity by David Bowie
5. Chelsea Morning by Joni Mitchell

neverfoundthetime

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Yummy topic!

For solos and melody, Baker Street and Year of The Cat are in my top 5.
More Than A Feeling is there too.
For melody and vocals you can't beat TOTO - Africa.
For Neil's afore mentioned song, I'm going for the Doors Light My Fire,,,, what a keyboard solo!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic