Morocco Music store

sbutler

Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:44 pm

While walking thru The Medina in Fes Morocco (part of the city that is at least 1200 yrs old,) I finally found a music store. The space was about 10 ft wide, and maybe 15 ft long. Dont know what most of these instruments are, but it was cool to look at.
Scott

sbutler

Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Well for some reason, I can't upload the picture from my phone. I'll keep trying.
Scott

sbutler

Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:12 pm

Lets give this a try Image

Music Junkie

Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:31 pm

sbutler wrote:
Lets give this a try Image
Scott:

That is very cool. I hope you are having a great time! Let them know that I am disappointed in their apparent lack of left-handed instruments... :P

Jason

sbutler

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:00 pm

Jason, they are probably in there. Its just not the most organized place around. After all, the city is 1200 years old. No cars, the streets are not wide enough. I did have to dodge the occasional donkey and the pooh they left behind.
If you've ever seen the movie Argo, when the cast of the make believe movie is walking down the street, looking for places to shoot their film, this is just like that. Camel heads hanging on a hook at the meat store, tons of hand made copper cookware. The cooper was there pounding away with a hammer making stuff as we walked by. This place is 3rd world old. I was really surprised to see something that resembled an Ovation hanging there in the back. And if you want to buy anything, you have to haggle. They will really have their way with you if you don't haggle.

Scott

Music Junkie

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:29 pm

sbutler wrote:
Jason, they are probably in there. Its just not the most organized place around. After all, the city is 1200 years old. No cars, the streets are not wide enough. I did have to dodge the occasional donkey and the pooh they left behind.
If you've ever seen the movie Argo, when the cast of the make believe movie is walking down the street, looking for places to shoot their film, this is just like that. Camel heads hanging on a hook at the meat store, tons of hand made copper cookware. The cooper was there pounding away with a hammer making stuff as we walked by. This place is 3rd world old. I was really surprised to see something that resembled an Ovation hanging there in the back. And if you want to buy anything, you have to haggle. They will really have their way with you if you don't haggle.

Scott
I would love to see some OLD world places sometime. Enjoy yourself, and make it back safely!

auntlynnie

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:57 pm

That is so cool, Scott. The photo really gives a bit of the flavor of the store.
Hope you are having fun!
Lynn

TGNesh

Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:14 am

Wow.....great picture! :ohmy: :) Would love to try some of those stringed instruments!

sbutler

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:03 am

TGVanessa wrote:
Wow.....great picture! :ohmy: :) Would love to try some of those stringed instruments!
Vanessa, something tells me that you'd be like a kid in a candy store inside this little place.

TGNesh

Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:36 pm

Haha, you know me too well!! :laugh:

sbutler wrote:
TGVanessa wrote:
Vanessa, something tells me that you'd be like a kid in a candy store inside this little place.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic