Why is it....?

cosmicmechanic

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:43 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
... Then I started listening to the lyrics and thought ohhh nooo; then I took a look at the cover of the album and in smaller print under Jeremy Spencer's name was "and the Children of God". Now I really liked the music, but once i got the lyrics it turned me off. So I got the old passion in the playing, no argument but sorry this was a marketing ploy to try and sell a message... "Chldren of God was in very small print thus using the Jeremy Spencer name to sell it. I still have the vinyl, but it doesn't fit in the CD player lol!
Chas, you rightly point out a regrettably not short and NOT sweet episode in the early "Age of Aquarius".
The "Children of God" turned out to be a VERY sexually perverted cult. Traumatic and horrible events right up to the top ranks, if you look it up.

On the brighter side ...
This made me want to bring up something more joyful ... remember "GodSpell" ? I think that whatever anyone's beliefs, this can only help :)

Maybe this approach is something like what you are aiming for, Andy ? I'm sure you know the whole album already, maybe just need a reminder ?

AndyT

Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:40 am

Yep. Good stuff Pierre,

I think it's coming down to the performers. If they have passion for the song, then it will carry the emotion. No passion equals a dead song.

AndyT

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:26 pm

Now here are two that really get me.

Both of these have a lot of raw emotion in them.
What do you think?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic