capo question

leeson

Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:54 pm

I have noticed that when I put a capo on my guitar it makes it go just a little sharp. Does that happen to anyone else? Does that mean the frets are a little to high? I tried using a looser capo but that didn't solve the problem. If I use my finger on the same fret it is fine. I just tune it down a quarter of a crank but it's kind of annoying.
Thanks

Bill

willem

Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:04 pm

leeson wrote:
I have noticed that when I put a capo on my guitar it makes it go just a little sharp. Does that happen to anyone else? Does that mean the frets are a little to high? I tried using a looser capo but that didn't solve the problem. If I use my finger on the same fret it is fine. I just tune it down a quarter of a crank but it's kind of annoying.
Thanks

Bill
always tune it again while the capo is on ! And off!! :laugh: B) but I guess you did know that !!

Willem

ps maybe its good for your voice (a little sharp) lol :laugh: :laugh: B)

Music Junkie

Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:05 pm

leeson wrote:
Thanks

Bill
Bill:

I think that is fairly common. I see people making slight tuning adjustments all the time after placing the capo where ever they want it.

daryl

Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:15 pm

Check this out:

thereshopeyet

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Daryl

Good question Bill.

Great video.
Do you know of others with Tommy Emmanuel style tips ?

Dermot

:)

Edit
So if your talking to someone with a capo stuck in his head.....
He's seen Tommy Emmanuel in concert ?

Just a thought :dry:

:ohmy:

If he's got a Capo stuck in his head !
What key would he be in ?

Just another thought ! :blush:

tombo1230

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:45 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Daryl

Good question Bill.

Great video.

Dermot

Edit

The heady key of H Lol! :woohoo: :P

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Thanks Daryl, that TE clip was cool! My friend Ralf laughed at me when I did the capo trick (I slide it up to change key) on a song where I could handle the change of barre chords to change key. Now I know its a legal move!! :-)

sbutler

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:50 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
Daryl

Good question Bill.

Great video.

Dermot

Edit

If he has a capo stuck in his head, he is in a key that nobody else could ever be in. The key of UNIQUE!

leeson

Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:04 pm

I knew you guys would help me out! That makes me feel better. I was afraid there was something wrong with my guitar. That video was awesome. Should be required viewing. I am going to try the string trick and I am definitely going to start tossing my capo around. What's good for TE is good for me.

haoli25

Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:37 pm

The Tommy E. video is hilarious!! I am going to ask him for a personal demonstration of his "flying capo" next month. I hope I remember to duck!!! :) :)

Bill, I use the G7 capo most of the time. I like the variable pressure of the G7 as opposed to the 'clamp of death' that most of the spring-type capos feature. You may also want to try a Paige Capo. They are great. I have several of them. The Paige capo doesn't stretch the strings like most other capos. I rarely have to re-tune when adding or removing a Paige Capo. The Paige Capo for 12-strings is the best there is and I think I have tried them all.

Other Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic