She's mine all mine all mine!

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:51 am

Good morning Totally Guitars! And it is a good morning! Wow, what a thrill it was picking up my BSG yesterday and trying it out and discovering new wonders of sound by the minute by playing familiar songs but hearing wondrously new depths, nuances and over-tones never before heard! Totally exhilarating. And the beauty of the craftsmanship which has gone into making this beautiful object just makes me sit back in wonder. I love crafted wood, but this is sublime. And then the pleasure of all your comments made over (my) night to be read this morning, its wonderful to share my joy with you all and have it reflected back at me many fold. Thanks so much guys and girls!

To answer the technical questions first: Its a BSG (Czech Republic) D27F Rosewood Dreadnought, no cut out, no electrics, with a solid cedar top and Indian rosewood back and sides. The winder keys have ebony heads, the rosette is a lovely abalone and the fretboard is ebony (as far as I can tell!). I added a leather strap which is much more comfortable and even has that new leather smell close to my nose as I play adding to the sensory ensemble. Strings are D'Addario EXP16 0.12-.053 (coated phosphor).

The bass notes have such a depth that I am actually using a pick to play with which, as you know, I usually never use... but you just have to with such a rich sound booming through your chest as you strike the strings! The mid tones and high tones are beautiful with some very subtle over-tones. All in all an enchanting mix. Dean bought a sister guitar to this one in stunning Brazilian rosewood but I preferred the sound of mine (I played both when I first went to Die Gitarre). Another TG-er bought from Die Gitarre as well because of my video so that earned me 10% rebate and a set of strings, so I was happy with that too. http://www.bsguitars.cz

Many thanks Ness and Wilem, I was watching Holland beat Brazil 3:0 last night as I played. Yes, I will provide proof soon!

"Life is a Song, Love is the Music", yes indeed Bart, thank you for words of wisdom. The patience was enforced Tom but once I touched that guitar, there could be no other! Definitely nothing better that fulfilling the demands of GAS!

Thanks Sandy and Daryl, I know you feel the love! Daryl, this will call for another project sooooon.

Scott, Miss Ale was over the moon for me, so touching... she will now find it much harder to resist recording a song with me again!

I know you can hear my smile Shel :-) and yes cedar top, well spotted! Can there be a better remedy to any of life's blues?!

Chas! You nailed it, I need to curb those buy it NOW impulses :woohoo: Thanks old chap!

Hi Rick! Yeah, my feeling too, she has a sound like no other. No name, I have never named my guitars, not due to any lack of fondness though!

Bill! Your wish is my command, she is tuned to DADFAC right now as I get to grips with Justin's New Horizons in the original tuning. And then I will record (with a little help from my very good friend!). Thank you!

Bigbear, Dankeschön! Heute ist ein Tag wie kein anderer! Maybe I'll take a look at Forever Autumn too!

Dean, indeed a masterpiece! Yours is the most beautiful guitar I have ever held in my hands.. and mine has the sound that sang to me! Thank goodness as the extra 2 Grand would have killed me :silly: . Yes, I can hear changes happen as I play (well, I imagine it for sure).

BobR

Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:16 am

Hi Chris,

That is one beautiful guitar. I look forward to a video from you. :)

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:45 am

Many thanks Bob!

AcousticAl

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:04 pm

Huge congratulations, Chris!
Nothing like getting a new guitar and getting to know all about it.

Here's to many, many years of enjoyment, and looking forward to your demo!

cosmicmechanic

Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:43 am

Chris, when you enjoy feeling a special guitar vibrate on your mortal shell as much as you do in your musician's ear ... that's AMORÉ :kiss:

Just getting a nut and bridge upgrade on my Takamine (from plastic to bone) has gotten me dizzy sometimes ... so I understand that your ears must be ringing, and singing !

Congrats !
Pierre

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:36 am

Thanks Al and Pierre, they joy of discovering all the nuances is great! Day 3 now and still finding more....

Lavallee

Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:38 am

Hi Chris, it is a real beauty and the sound from the video is impressive. I am really happy for you my friend, a guitar lover like you deserve the best

Best wishes to Ale

Have fun

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:41 am

Thanks Marc, there may be a better guitar out there somewhere but this one sings to me, for sure!

Maybe you can get to hear it live... planning on being Canada end of july / first week of August. Al, Pierre, Tammy, wanna get together?

dekotaj

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:43 am

BRAVO!!!! Brother.

She looks like a real masterpiece!
I cant wait to hear you bring her to life.
So grab a seat. grab her by the back of the neck. pull her in close and put your hand all over her. HA HA
She is a real looker. Good on you brother.
Kev

neverfoundthetime wrote:

Music Junkie

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:46 am

Chris:

Heart felt congratulations, my friend. I remember you talking about that guitar so long ago. It seems your patience and hard work has paid off, as it should. I am so happy for you, and can't wait to hear you play.

I would also love to hear that your visit to Canada was going to be extended somehow and that you were going to be wandering a bit farther West after that... ;)

Now you have to open a nice bottle of wine and play til your fingers bleed.

Enjoy!

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic